Chapter 16

Carter:

I was so done for. I mean I did not regret what happened last night, but I knew I would feel some sort of regret when I got home. I already did now.

I gulped when I entered the house, dad was waiting on the couch. Just take it, you deserve it for being so careless.

"You fucking piece of shit!" He got off the couch and came towards me, grabbing my shirt by the collar.

I winced before he had even done anything. Why did I have to be so defenceless! I opened my eyes, knowing he was going to make it worse if I closed them, that's when I saw something in his had. It was a metal bar. Shit, I had fucked up this time.

"What were you doing, huh?"

"I-I just went to a party.." I decided I should tell him the truth.

"If only your mother knew what a slut of a son she had," he snarled.

He dropped me to the ground and I heard my knuckles crack. I groaned at the hardness of the floor. He kicked my stomach, sending all the air in my body out. He then lifted up the bar he had been holding and slammed it down on my leg.

I screamed in pain and went to grab my leg. He took another swing, this time hitting my hand. I should have kept it away. I cried out again when it made a quick contact with my wrist. It was definitely going to be broken after that. I was going to need a capsule and pills after this.

The bar had hit me so many times, I lost count. He had hit my leg so many times that I wouldn't be surprised if I couldn't walk for the next few days. I don't think I would be going to school anytime soon either. His beatings never used to be this bad. Or he could have just been going easy on me when I was younger. Did a monster like him even know what "going easy" was? Shut up brat! You caused this to happen, how could you call your own father that!

--------------

I woke up and heard a door creaking open. I was still near the door.

"Clean this mess up!" A voice boomed and then the door slammed.

I tried to push myself up and succeeded, scarcely. I saw the faded red on the carpet. It was time to think about how I would get that out. I tried to push myself onto my feet but then my wrist buckled, leaving me back at the beginning.

Great, I probably had a broken wrist and sprained leg. Fucking fantastic.

I picked up my phone. My hand hovered over Ezra's contact. He is probably busy, besides you make his life so complicated, he doesn't wanna hear from you! I wanted to call him, but what was I supposed to say about this one. I couldn't use my "fell down the stairs" excuse yet again...

I dragged myself into the kitchen, which was nearly impossible, due to the fact my wrist was faulty. I thought about what chemicals I would have to rub into the carpet to try and get it out. How I was going to even scrub. I am right handed, and that is the bloody wrist I broke.

I tucked a scrubbing brush under my arm and then grabbed a soap bottle from under the sink. I made my way, painfully and slowly back to the mess I had made on the carpet. I let some soap poor out of the bottle and sink into the carpet. Then I began scrubbing, how I would rinse the bloody soap out of the carpet, I hadn't thought about that until now.

Ezra: Hey, can I come over, if you're not busy.

Me: Hey sorry, I am sick. Probably not the best idea to come by. My dad has just put my to be and left for the day. I don't think I'll be at school for a few days. It's pretty bad.

I sent a sad emoji and he replied with a heart emoji and a wave. It was hard to believe that I could call that guy my...boyfriend. He was my boyfriend.