Chapter 17

Ezra:

It's been about 4 weeks of my relationship with Carter, I am beyond happy that I have gotten through to him, but something seems off. 

"You ok?" I asked.

The smaller boy looked at me and nodded. He seemed really, really off ever since he came back to school from being sick. It was really odd how he was sick the next day. Was it food poisoning or something, no way he could just feel sick just the next day. 

I kissed him on the cheek and he smiled. At least I could crack a smile out of him. He leaned into my chest and then looked me in the eyes, and leant up to kiss me. I kissed him back and it quickly became into a heated passionate kiss. 

"I love you," I said before I realised it. 

He looked stunned. This is just like the night when I told him that I liked him. You idiot Ezra, you should have thought about all of this before I said it. 

"I love you too."

I am not sure but I'm pretty sure I am the one that looked like an idiot now. 

"You love me?"

"I thought it was obvious," he shrugged.

If it was obvious then my ability to read signs was devastating. Why can I not read these sort of signs. I should have just told him that I loved him earlier, but maybe that would have been too quick, we have only been together for a little over a month. 

"Are you sure your ok?

He thought for a second and then turned to look at me and shrugged.

"Is there something you're not telling me?"

"No, nothing like that, I'm just not feeling a hundred percent I guess?" He sighed.

Well at least he wasn't hiding anything from me, that was a good sign right?

-------------------

"Dude you need to stop getting up so late, honestly you're missing out on life!" I laughed into the phone.

"Like what Ezra, please do enlighten me?"

"Well, Brodie and I are going on a road trip to who knows where this afternoon if you want to come?" I asked.

"Isn't now this afternoon?"

"Late this afternoon," I clarified.

"When will we be back?"

"Well, it's sort of a camping trip..."

"Is your boyfriend going to come?"

I could tell he was smirking through the phone. I had never actually thought to ask Carter, which was weird because usually he was the only thing on my mind but I didn't really take him as the camping type.

"No, I don't know what his opinions are on camping and I didn't want to make him feel like he had to come..."

"Ok, yeah I guess I'll come."

"We'll pick you up at 3:45," I told him.

He groaned a response and hung up. Should I invite Carter? Now that I thought about it I felt kinda guilty for not inviting him. What could be stopping me?

I drove home and decided I should start packing for this camping trip, I would need only a few things. We were only going for the night. Brodie said that he wanted to get all the food, so that was a good thing. When it came to picking food I always chose something that they usually found too fancy or something like that. I think I am, besides Ruby, the only guy in the group that actually has some good taste. I mean look who I'm dating?

Noah, however chose to date this cheerleader who is nothing but an ungrateful snob. I guess it fits the stereotype but he's also dated this nice cheerleader, we all liked her actually. Candice, I think it was, but she ended up falling for this bad boy. I think that changed our view on her a lot.

Noah was heartbroken and barely talked to us for ages, I mean I wouldn't do that, but I understood. Sort of. She really was his pride and joy, she distracted him from his parents' absence. She did what Ruby, Brodie and I couldn't.

I sighed as I stuffed the last few things into the bag and then slung it on my shoulder. This was going to be a good weekend, I was sure of it.

-----------

"Hey, fell like we barely talk."

"Dude, I see you all the time at school," I laughed, shutting the door to Brodie's car.

"I know, but your always talking to lover boy," he made googly eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes and punched him in the arm. He responded by nearly shoving me back out of the car. How nice of him.

"Anyway, we need to pick up Noah," I said once I recovered from nearly falling out the car.

He nodded and then began driving off into the direction of Noah's house.

I had moved to the backseat because Noah got motion sick in the back, I think he was like claustrophobic or something like that. I don't know, or maybe he just liked riding shotgun. Who knows? Whilst Brodie and Noah chattered on I was texting Carter.

Carter: Well that sounds heaps of fun!

Me: Sorry I didn't invite you...

Carter: I'm not really a massive fan of camping anyway

Me: Well, I guess that's lucky. I thought you wouldn't have liked camping much

Carter: Good guess

Carter: How far away is it anyways?

Me: About a 3-4 hour drive

Carter: How can you stay in a car that long?

Me: I don't know, somehow the knucklesheads are actually good company???

Carter: Haha, of course they would be. You wouldn't be friends with them otherwise

Me: So what are your plans for the weekend

Carter: Well I finished my shift a few hours ago and then I think Martin wanted to hang out or something

Me: Oh that's cool

Carter: You don't like him as much as you said you did. Do you?

Me: I hardly know the guy. He seemed really nice and all and it would be great for you to give himk a chance

Carter: but?

Me: But... I don't want to see you get hurt.

Carter: You're so sweet

Me: You're rubbing off on me

Carter: Uh huh, right

Me: Well I will let you go and hang out with Martin.

Carter: Ok. Thanks!

Me: No problem, love you

Carter: Love you too

"We know that smile!"

I looked up to see Noah and Brodie smirking at me.

"You can't go a day without him Ez!"

"Well that's what happens when your in love?" I shrugged.

They both began laughing and I did too when I realised how gay I actually sounded. But at least it was true. I really did love Carter.