~Chapter 1~

Shaylynn's pov:

I got up from my bed and started getting ready for the day. I brushed my teeth and put my long brown hair in a ponytail.

Then I went to my closet to pick out clothes. I choose skinny jeans and a black tank top.

After I was done getting ready for the day I went downstairs to grab the rest of my stuff so I could leave the house.

My house was quiet. Like always. The only person who lived with me was my mom and I barely saw my mom because she was always locked away in her bedroom.

After my dad left, my mom fell off the wagon. She became a very heavy drinker.

She wasn't like most drunk people where she just acted stupid when she drank, when she got drunk she would turn into a whole different person.

My mom sober was sweet and kind but when she drank she became an angry person.

She would scream and yell at me for almost anything I did. Which caused me to never really be at my house.

Dealing with my mommy and daddy issues caused me to feel like shit all the time.

Aka depression and anxiety. But I wasn't the type of person to let that get in my way.

I would keep fighting until I was happy, even if that meant I had to wait a lifetime.

I hated seeing the ones who actually care worry about me so my life at home is kept private.

I didn't have many people who cared anyway other than my best friend Devin and I guess my boyfriend Brad.

But even then Brad is doubtful.

I hated Thursdays because it was always the days I was most tired but I love having something to look forward to. And that was always Friday.

I grab my keys. And as soon as I turned around after I locked the door I saw my best friend standing in the driveway leaning on her new Ford Escape.

Devin was beautiful. She had these beautiful poofy curls and her skin always shined. She was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

I had known Dev since I was in first grade. She came into my life and she just never left. She always gave me confidence and never failed to make me smile.

"Good morning Dev"

"Morning babes, get in we are early meaning we have more time to Jam out to our new playlist I made last night"

"Okay" laughing a little as I opened the passenger door and got in.

Dev turned on the music and we immediately started laughing and smiling. We did this every morning on the way to school ever since Dev got her driver's license.

Once we got to school I got out making sure I had everything and waiting for Dev to come over on my side so we could walk in together.

Once we walked into the tall high school building I turned to my left to see Brad.

Brad asked me out during the first year of high school and we just always stayed together. We weren't as close as I would like to be in a relationship but it was okay.

"Dev I'm going to see Brad, I will talk to you later?" She waved her hand as she went towards her locker which was at the opposite end of the school.

"Hey, Shay!" Devin yelled back at me. I looked at her questioning what she was going to say next.

"Be careful Shaylynn!" I gave her a thumbs up as I continued to walk towards Brad.

I knew Dev was serious by this statement because she only called me my whole name when she was being serious otherwise she would just call me Shay.