~Chapter 44~

Vinnie's POV: 

April 30th

Today is Shaylynn's birthday. I have been planning a birthday party for her for weeks. I just want it to be perfect. 

She has been through so much and her 18th birthday needs to be special. 

"Devin, did you get all the decorations?" I said over the phone with Devin in the living room while I was waiting for Shay to finish getting ready. 

"Of course I did and I'm going to head straight to your place after school to set them up so distract her for a little while." 

"Okay got it." That part made me nervous. 

"Don't worry everything will be perfect," Devin reassured me. 

Planning this party with Devin made me realize why she is Shaylynn's best friend. 

"Okay, thanks, Dev." 

"Of course. I'll talk to you later." 

I got off the phone at the perfect time. Shaylynn was walking out of the bedroom now. 

She was wearing a loose black dress with black sandals. Her curly long brown hair flowed down past her shoulders. 

She has the biggest smile on her face. She looked so beautiful. 

She walked over to me and stared up at me waiting for me to say something. 

"Vin?" I realized I was staring for a little too long. 

"You are so beautiful. You know that right?" 

"Yeah kinda." She looked down at her feet. I tilted her chin up so she was now looking at me again. 

"Say it." 

"Say what?" She looked up at me with a confused face. 

"I am beautiful. Say it." I watched her cheeks turn a light pink before she said it. 

"I am beautiful." 

"Good girl." I pecked her cheek before picking up her bag and carrying it out the door so we could leave for school. 

When we got to school, I walked her to class before calling Jett to see where he was at. 

"Where the fuck are you?" 

"Call down Vincent! Jeez! I am outside waiting on you." I hung up and walked back out to the parking lot to see him waiting for me. 

I am skipping some of my classes to go shopping with Jett for food and drinks for the party. 

"Get in. We have to make this as quick as possible." We got in my car and started driving to the nearest grocery store. 

When we got there, Jett grabbed a cart while I started looking at the note I put on my phone that had all the stuff I needed to grab. 

Jett and I both grabbed a bunch of different chips. 

Then we got a bunch of cupcakes and cookies for the party. 

Along with Shaylynn's special cake that I ordered for her. Vanilla cake with strawberry filling and vanilla frosting. Her favorite. 

Then we got a bunch of drinks. 

None were alcoholic though because that makes Shay nervous and I'm not letting my girl be nervous on her birthday. 

We got a bunch of plates that were all different sizes and some cups that were black which was matching the theme of the party.