~Chapter 30~

Shaylynn's pov:
It's been one week since I've gone back to school.

The week after a break is always the worst. The teachers are always in shitty moods and the students are always telling boring stories about their breaks.

"I'm going to be surprised if my parents don't get divorced before I turn 18. All they do is argued." Jessica and I laughed.

No, it wasn't funny but our trio laughed at the most fucked up things so it was okay.

"At least you still have both your real parents...my father is in Africa playing with monkeys" Jessica argued.

All three of us were dying of laughter.

"At least both of you have parents. One is drunk and the other hasn't come back with the milk yet" We sounded like teenage boys.

We were making the dumbest jokes I have ever heard.

After laughing for 20 minutes straight, I got up from the table and made my way to my locker.

Vinnie was already standing by my locker waiting for me.

"Hey, Vin" I stood up on my tippy toes and pecked his lips.

"Hi love" I started shuffling through my locker to find my reading books.

"What are we doing in reading today?" Vinnie had reading before I did so I always asked him so I could mentally prepare myself.

"Going over what to expect on the midterms"

Midterms were always so boring. It was a long test you took just to determine your semester one grade.

It was stupid in my opinion.

"Wonderful. I got to go. See you later" I shut my locker before giving Vinnie a quick kiss.

I walked into reading and made my way to an open seat next to Devin.

"This is going to be annoying" Devin commented before my teacher started talking.

"So your mid-term will have two parts. An essay part to show what you have learned within your writing skills and the second part will be a multiple choice quiz" 

He went on and on about what to expect. He also gave us a study guide to help us study.

I walked out of that class with my head throbbing. This teacher's voice was the most annoying sound I have ever heard in my life.

I went to my last three classes of the day and then returned my stuff to my locker.

I walked out of the school and it was raining. Vinnie came over to me taking off his jacket.

"Here" He took his black cargo jacket and handed it to me. Wrapping it around my shoulders.

"Thanks" We walked to the car and got in. We were both hungry so we agreed on stopping somewhere.

We decided on stopping at the taco place. We got some drive-thru and then headed home.

Vinnie got at least five soft tacos and three hard tacos. I got a quesadilla and some nachos.

We decided to sit in the car and eat since it was still pouring rain outside.

"So are you nervous about mid-terms?" I asked Vinnie to make conversation.

"No not really. It's not that big of a deal" Vinnie took another bite of his taco making no eye contact with me.

"Are you sure it's not a big deal?" Vinnie set his taco down and looked at me.