~Chapter 19~

Shaylynn's pov:

"Hi Honey" She looks so sweet and innocent. She laid there in her bed at the facility. My emotions were all over the place. I didn't know whether to be happy. She seemed better or mad that she was in there in the first place.

"Hi mom" I sat next to her bed, in the chair that was put there for visitors.

"How are you doing?" I asked her. Her face was still bright and happy just as it was when I walked in.

"Oh, it's going great. I love this program. I think I should be able to leave soon. I won't drink Shay. I realized how important you are to me and that I need to take care of you as much as I can before you go to college"

I didn't know whether to believe her or ignore her.

"That's a great mom." I smiled. I  felt uncomfortable and I honestly only came to see her to get a check-up on her. I didn't need to stay here longer than I had to. I cared for my mom but I mentally and emotionally haven't fully healed from everything that she has put me through.

When I realized what true happiness was once I moved in with Vinnie, I realized that what I was going through at home isn't how it should be. I should be a normal teenager, who worries about college not how to provide for her family.

"Okay, mom well I have to go. I have a lot of homework"

"Okay, Honey. I love you." I got out of the chair and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you too" I didn't mean it. She is a selfish bitch.

I walked out of the room and found my way down the hallway of the rehab. On the way to the elevator, I was stopped by someone.

"Are you Leslie's family?"

"Hi yes I am"

"Hi look I know she thinks she can get out of here but she really shouldn't. She is in a bad state mentally. She is going through extreme bipolar mood swings. As we have seen here she can get violent depending on the time. She is not safe to be around."

"Can you stop her from getting out?"

"Sadly because she signed herself in here, she may leave whenever she wants" So basically what this doctor is telling me is that my crazy mother is trying to get out of her only way of help. And that if she does get out I'm in danger.

"Okay thanks for letting me know"

"Yeah of course. I will try my best to help her"

"Thank you" With that, I got in the elevator. I made my way into the parking lot and to my car. When I got in, I put the address to my house on my phone.

If my crazy mom was going to try and make a scene at my house then I need to get everything I need and get out of there.

I will be 18 in three months meaning I just have to wait it out for three months and then I will be free of her.

After putting in the address I texted Vinnie real quick to let him know I was going to make a stop at my house and then I would be home. I put my phone down and started driving from San Francisco back to L.A.

The drive back was nice. The sun was starting to set. I blasted ACDC and KISS the entire way there. I got to my house around 8:30.

I parked my car in the driveway. Once I got out I walked up to the front door. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door.

The house was very dead. It looked abandoned. It basically was but still. I ignored the living room and kitchen and went straight up to my room.

I grabbed a few bags from under my bed and started filling them with more clothes.