~Chapter 28~

Shaylynn's pov:

We spent most of the week enjoying what San Fransico had to offer. We spent a lot of time with my nana and Pop.

Vinnie got to know them very well and I think they love him.

Keyword: I think.

My nana says she loves the way he treats me and takes care of me, which is something I've never had before.

My Pop loves talking to him. He and Vinnie have spent ours on the back porch talking about whatever guys talk about. I wouldn't know because I'm not a guy.

I am very happy that they approve of him. I don't care if anyone approves of him or not but it's nice to know I have support from my family.

Today is Thursday. Which means it's thanksgiving.

We have to get ready for the rest of my family to join us for dinner.

This year my nana decided to host. Usually, all the women in my family take turns. It's sexist. I know.

We got up really early so that we could start to prepare food together.

She started on the ham and turkey while I started on the mashed potatoes and green beans.

I started by peeling the potatoes.

"So have you decided on what college you're going to dear?" My nana started making conversation while she seasoned the turkey.

"No, I haven't really thought about it"

I really haven't. I had some ideas but I hadn't fully decided which college I wanted to go to yet.

"Has Vinnie decided?" She started seasoning the ham now.

"I am not sure. We enjoy living in the future we don't want to jump too far ahead"

"You might want to start discussing that with him dear"

Having this talk with my nana kinda worried me but deep down I knew that Vinnie and I going to college wasn't going to affect anything.

We would still love each other and we would make it work.

"Maybe I will talk to him. Maybe I won't. I don't know."

I cut up the potatoes and started boiling them in water. Then I started working on the green beans.

I cut them and seasoned them. I put them in a pot so that they could steam and get softened.

"Nana, can you watch those? I have to go get ready"

"Okay sweetie"

I left the kitchen and made my way to the bedroom. Vinnie was laying down and playing on his phone. He looked like he was already ready for today.

I jumped on the bed and lay next to him.

"You look beautiful," I said to him causing him to look up at me.

"Thanks, beautiful" He sat up and kissed the top of my head.

I got up off the bed and started picking out clothes. Once I had an outfit, I laid it out and started doing my makeup.

I did light makeup since my whole family was going to be there and I didn't feel like being judged by them.

I straightened my hair with a straighter. I rarely straightened it so I decided it was good to have some sort of change.

Once I was done with my hair and makeup, I got dressed.

I ended up wearing white jeans with a maroon shirt that had white flowers all over it. I paired it with these cute brown sandals that I got from Target.