~Chapter 10~

Shaylynn's pov:

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and someone banging on my door. I opened my eyes slowly and checked my phone.

It was 5 pm on a Thursday. I didn't think I had been sleeping that long but I guess I was wrong.

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran downstairs.

"Shaylynn please open the door"

I opened the door and he was standing there. Vinnie.

"Hey" I probably sounded very tired but actually, I felt like I had just risen from the dead.

"Are you okay?" He sounded extremely worried and I felt really bad. I didn't mean to sleep that long and I didn't mean to worry him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just sleeping. Come in if you want." He walked in the doorway and headed for the kitchen.

"What happened Shaylynn?" He grabbed my hand.

"I don't want to talk about it" I started to walk away and head for my room. He followed me up the stairs and into my bathroom. I started washing my face and brushing my teeth. After brushing my teeth he followed me into my bedroom and lay on my bed.

As I grab clothes and did my hair he just sat there staring at me. After I was done I went and sat on the bed with him. I looked at him and quickly looked away.

I could never hold eye contact for a long enough time. I stared up at the ceiling until I felt a hand grab my own hand.

"What happened?" He was stern.

At this point, I couldn't cry anymore. It was pointless, it wasn't going to make my mom better all of a sudden.

"My mom left to go get help for her drinking problem."

"Is that a bad thing?" He seemed scared to ask the question.

"No of course not, I just don't want to stay in this big house by myself. All the what-ifs come into my mind. I know it sounds selfish but I have always had a fear of living by myself. I also worry about how she is going to be when she gets back."

He squeezed my hand.

"It's not selfish at all. I get you worried and I bet you are overwhelmed. Do you want me to stay here with you?"

I didn't want to ask too much out of my newfound lover. The thought of making him stay here with me sounds like too much so of course I couldn't ask that of him. So I just shrugged it off.

"No, it's okay. I think I will be a lot better tomorrow."  I smiled and sat next to him on the couch.

"Okay well if you need me I will be here."

"Thanks" I hugged his torso. His arms were warm. They made me feel very comfortable.

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"What time did you go to bed?"

"I think like 11" I really didn't know. I know I fell asleep but everything is such a blur right now.

"You must be hungry."

He got up and grabbed my hands and lead me down to the kitchen. We got near the countertops and he lifted me up onto the one closest to the stove.

As he started grabbing stuff out of my fridge and he got too way with cooking something.

He brought me a plate with what looked like to be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Is this a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" Once he nodded his head, I laughed out loud. It was so basic but so good. It was the first time in my life that I didn't care about how I looked while eating.