~Chapter 8~

Shaylynn's pov:

We approach a field. The same field he brought me to the night we kissed. He grabbed my hand and brought me over to the tree we lay under before. We sat down and lay in silence for a few minutes.

"Shay I'm sorry. But you know I can't just sit there and watch him keep on hurting."

I felt bad for getting so mad at him. When I didn't even know what was happening and I should have asked him what happened before jumping into things.

"Im sorry I got mad. I hate attention being drawn to me and I don't like confrontation"

"It's okay"

How can he just forgive me like that? He doesn't care that I just snapped at him for no reason he's just whatever with it.

"Really though I'm sorry. I got so mad for no reason"

"Shay stop. You're too hard on yourself. It's fine don't worry about it"

I relaxed a little bit but I was still mad at myself for being so mean to him when he has been nothing but sweet and kind to me.

I leaned in closer to him. We lay in silence for a bit before Vinnie spoke.

"Shay, will you let me take you on a date?"

"Wait what," I sat up a little from the spot I was laying in so I could look at him.

"I know it's random but like I said you deserve to be treated better than Brad treats you and I want to show you how you should be treated"

I had Devin in the back of my mind when he asked me. She was right I needed to realize what was in front of me all along. And what's the worst that can happen with just a date?

"Yes."

He brought my head closer to him. I wanted to go on a date with him but he had to know I wasn't going to keep getting him out of fights anymore.

"But there are a few rules first" I activated sassy mode for this one.

"Oh yeah?" He chuckled softly.

"I'm serious Vincent"

"Okay okay," He put both his hands up as if I was going to arrest him before putting them down and focusing on what I had to say.

"Number one, no more fighting no matter what. I don't care who it is or what it's about. No. More. Number two don't treat me like shit"

Even I laughed at the last one because it was funny. I was always the type to make jokes out of my own trauma and problems. He laughed too while getting up before helping me up.

"I'm taking you home"

"Why? It's 4 in the evening."

"I will still be here tomorrow" he had a large smile on his face which made me laugh.

We started walking along the path. Vinnie liked to watch me watch my feet go one in front of the other. He found it fascinating that I didn't want to trip over my own feet.

"So where are we going for our date?" I looked up at him his arm still around my shoulders as we walked along the long road to get me home.

"I'm not telling you" He grinned.

"What comes on? You have to give me a hint"

"I'm not telling you so zip it." He reached down and grabbed my hand.

We get down to my road and I can see my house from where I am walking. I get the biggest burst of energy,

"Tag!" I started sprinting down the street as fast as I can. I look back and see Vinnie chasing after me. Finally, we reach my house and I slow down. Vinnie comes around me fast grabbing me from behind and twirling me in the air. Butterflies shot through my body.

He finally put me down. I was put in the same position as I was in the night we kissed. I started breathing heavily as I did that night. He leaned down close to my ear.

"Gotcha" He whispered in my ear. He backed up away from my ear living his hands around my waist.

He twirled me around grabbing my hand after I was done with my guided 180 twirls. He brought me up to my front door. He bent down and kissed me on my cheek.

"Goodnight, I will pick you up tomorrow night"

"Sounds good to me"

"you're so beautiful"

"yeah yeah go now" I laughed and pushed in the direction away from my front door.

He walked off holding his middle finger in the air. I walked in the door and shut it behind me. I hung my keys up and put my phone on the table next to the front door and walked towards the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen with a fresh smell of my favorite. Shrimp tostadas. I looked up to see my mom working on dinner.

"Hi honey I made dinner can we talk for a minute?"

My face is in shock and my brain is even more confused. How does she magically just get better to the point she made dinner? My favorite dinner to be exact.

As I'm still walking into the kitchen slowly my brain is wandering off. Is this what the letter was about? Does she want to talk about what the letter said? My mind was blown. She was up and moving around and asking to talk.

I was more anxious to find out what was so important that she was making my favorite dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS CHAPTER WAS EXTREMELY SHORT AND IM SORRY FOR THAT BUT IT TOOK ME THE LONGEST BECAUSE I WANTED TO MAKE IT PERFECT.

ALSO, HAVE YOU GUYS EVER HAD SHRIMP TOSTADAS BECAUSE THEY'RE SO GOOD? AND THEY ARE LITERALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

ANYWAY HAVE A GOOD NIGHT! STAY SAFE EAT A GOOD MEAL AND DRINK SOME WATER!

(*Edited*)          Word count: 986