~Chapter 31~

Shaylynn's pov:

Midterms started on Monday leaving Vinnie and me with only two days left to study for his midterms.

We decided to get up early so we could get straight to work on studying.

I rolled out of bed and didn't even care about putting more clothes on. I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

I was wearing one of Vinnie's t-shirts with just underwear underneath.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. When I was done I walked out into the kitchen to find Vinnie making breakfast.

"Here you go" He handed me an iced coffee he had made more me. I took a sip and went into heaven.

"Mmm. Thanks, baby" I kissed his cheek and watched him finish cooking.

He handed me my plate of pancakes and we made our way over to the table to eat.

When we were done, we cleaned up together and grabbed our science books so we could get to study.

We were going to focus on Science today and Math tomorrow. He mostly needed help with those two.

We studied for a couple of hours but I was starting to realize how stressed and aggravated Vinnie was.

I slowly shut the books and he looked at me confused. I stretched my legs across his lap. I wrapped my arms around him.

"How do you feel?" I said not letting go of him.

"I feel like I know the material, I'm just nervous"

"I know but I think you will do great. Just remember everything I've told you so far" He started caressing my leg.

"Thank you. For everything"

"Of course. Anything for you" I kissed his cheek. Before he turned his head wanted a real kiss.

I slowly kissed his lips. He moved my legs off his lap and around his torso so now he was on top of me.

He kissed his way from my jawline to my neck before laying his head on my chest as if he was listening to my heartbeat.

We lay like that for a while before he lifted his head and placed his chin on my chest.

"I'm going to go shower" He slowly got up and started walking to our bathroom, my hand not letting go of his until he couldn't hold it anymore.

I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram.

As I scrolled I was trying to think of something that would make Vinnie feel better and get his mind off of Midterms.

I didn't want him to be nervous and I didn't want him to be anxious.

I know how it feels to be super anxious and I don't want him like that all weekend.

I started scrolling some more before I saw a cat shelter.

That's when the lightbulb in my head went off.

Vinnie's always wanted a cat and I think it would be a great idea for him.

Not that a cat would help him pass the mid-terms but maybe it will just take his mind off of it for a little bit.

I also want him to have someone to be there for him just in case something ever happens to me.

I want him to have company even if I'm not that company.

I looked up how far the place was from the apartment. It was only around 30 minutes.

I got up from the couch and went to the closet to get real clothes on.