~Chapter 29~

Shaylynn's pov:

I finished packing up the rest of my stuff in my suitcase and took it to the front door, setting it down by the rest of our stuff.

I went back to the room and did a quick scan to make sure we didn't forget anything.

Once I double check the room, I walked back out into the living room.

Vinnie was sitting on the couch playing on his phone. He looked up once he heard me walk into the room.

"Ready?" He stood up and put his phone in his back pocket.

"Yeah I'm ready" I have him a quick smile as I walked closer to him.

"I'm going to go put the bags in the car" I gave him an okay and then he walked off.

I started walking toward my nana's bedroom to let her know that we were leaving.

I knocked on the door lightly and started walking in.

"Nana we are going to get on the road" She stopped what she was doing and started walking toward me.

"Alright honey, I will walk you out" We walked out of the bedroom and made our way out to the garage where Vinnie was loading the car with all of our stuff.

My Pop followed us out so he could say goodbye to us.

"I love you, Shay. Please call or text us." My nana hugged me tightly.

"I love you guys too. I will call you soon. I promise."

Vinnie finished packing all the stuff in the car and came over to us to say goodbye. My nana walked up to Vinnie and hugged him.

My Pop came up and hugged me. He told me how much he loved me and then he moved on to saying bye to Vinnie.

"Bye Shay we love you guys," My nana said one last time before I got in the car.

We started driving home and listening to music.

Vinnie had his phone plugged in and we were taking turns listening to different songs.

His hand stayed on my thigh, occasionally he would tap his fingers to the beat of whatever song was playing.

Three hours into the drive we stopped at Starbucks and got our usuals. (Vinnie's caramel macchiato with extra caramel and my white chocolate mocha espresso).

Once we got our coffees we got back on the road.

We didn't leave my grandparents until around 3 so we wouldn't be getting back to LA until almost 9 at night.

We still needed to unpack and get ready for school on Monday but that's what we were going to spend most of Sunday doing.

Eventually, I fell asleep listening to Brent Faiyaz as Vinnie was rubbing his hand up and down my thigh.

We finally got home around 9:30.

We grabbed our bags and went up into the apartment. It felt so good to be home.

It felt like forever since we had last been home.

We set our bags down and I grabbed Vinnie's hand so we could go to the bedroom.

I took off my shoes on the side of the bed and lay down. Taking off the hoodie I had on so that I was now only in a sports bra and sweatpants.

Vinnie went to his side and lay down. I found my way to his chest. I laid my head on his chest as he played with my hair.

"I love you Shay" he kissed the top of my head and I slowly drifted off. While Vinnie watched TV.
---------------

I woke up around 10:00. I checked my phone and rolled over to find Vinnie who was still sleeping.