I Can't Love You Like This ||Sherlock & Mycroft & Holmes Reader|| pt. 2

TW: Depictions of unsupportive parents (yelling, stealing gender-affirming clothes), and she/her pronouns

Please be careful while reading this, it ends better, but it was difficult to write

y/b/n = your birth name

Y/n/n = your nickname

(this one is long)

Your parents weren't very happy with Mycroft when they saw your new cut, but he still stayed for Christmas. Only Sherlock, and Mycroft knew, and Sherlock was the one who told Mycroft that you were going by the nickname the two of them gave you. This made sense to all three of you, the nickname was gender neutral, after all, and you were used to being called it.

Besides having an argument with Mycroft, everything was fine until Christmas Day.

You and Sherlock had stayed up all night together. The two of you knew all the presents were coming from your parents, but the two of you were busy trying to guess what was in each box.

You and Sherlock were also the first ones to run downstairs at around 5 am, and started picking up boxes, and shaking them, already debating whether or not you had accurately guessed what was in them. Mycroft had been waking early in Uni anyway, so he soon joined you to "supervise", even though your parents quickly came downstairs to make sure you didn't open any presents early (they always wanted to be there when you started).

Once he saw your parents coming downstairs, Sherlock immediately started ripping apart the wrapping around a box with his name on it.

Your parents chuckled at his eagerness. Your mother walked up to you, and ran her fingers through your hair, before sitting on the sofa while your dad made breakfast.

You quickly made your way through the presents. You mostly got books, you went through them quickly, and your parents were hoping that dumping a load of them on you during Christmas would occupy you for the next month or so before they had to buy you more. They would also buy you something traditionally "girly" in attempt to make you less "boyish". This time it was something that allowed you to make bracelets (you didn't pay much attention, you just put it off to the side). Sherlock got a variety of things based on his interest span, he got books on dogs, bees, pirates, and he got science kits. You and Sherlock both got sketchpads, and a variety of drawing supplies, seeing as you were both at a point where you doodled on pretty much any piece of paper you could find.

Obviously, you got clothes. Everyone in the family had to get some clothes. Again, you usually put these to the side, focusing on the stuff you had actually asked for instead. You never asked for what your parents bought you (that was what they thought you should wear, but it never actually felt like what you should wear). But what really caught you off guard were the clothes you got from Mycroft.

It was black, and the fabric felt nicer than anything else you owned. Once you pulled it out of the box fully, you saw that it was a dress jacket.

You looked up at Mycroft. You rarely smiled, you thought it felt weird on your face, so instead, you simply walked over to him, and wrapped your arms around him tightly.

It was the best Christmas you'd ever had, until later that night when you heard yelling. You were with Sherlock in his room when it happened.

"I raised two boys, not three!" You heard your mom yell at Mycroft.

"Let her wear what she wants." Mycroft growled, he rarely raised his voice.

"You don't have to be here! You don't give a damn about this family! You never call, never write, never visit! You think your schooling is so important, you think you're better than everyone else here! Well guess what, you're not! Just get out of my house Mycroft!"