Freaky Friday

a/n: I wrote this with one braincell and refuse to edit it because it's already fifteen minutes late— I am so tired 🙏 🙏 apologies for this mess

Spooktober 16: Swapped

Tony relaxes into his bed and wraps an arm around Pepper, pulling her close to his side. He lets out a tired sigh.

"Long day?" Pepper murmurs.

"Yeah. It was a weird one." Tony shifts his face out of the pillow. "I got hit with some weird magic earlier on a mission."

Pepper pauses and turns in Tony's arms, her eyebrows furrowed and her lips pursed. "What kind of weird magic? Is this something we should be concerned about?"

Tony shakes his head. "If something was supposed to happen, it would have happened already. Don't worry, Pep."

Pepper chews on the inside of her cheek and then nods. She leans forward and presses a kiss on Tony's temple before relaxing. "Make sure you remember to text Peter about the next internship event."

"Yeah, yeah." Tony yawns and closes his eyes. He makes a mental note to text the kid, maybe call him tomorrow morning...

The two of them fall asleep, and Tony dreams about the things he's supposed to do for the next day. Calling Peter is the first thing on the list, because getting the kid more comfortable with events happening with Stark Industries will be good practice for when Tony offers him a job there.

He wakes up to noise. The loudest buzzing sound fills his ears, pulling an angry groan from his throat. He reaches over and hits the alarm, and it smashes under his fist, splintering and exploding in pieces across the room.

Tony peeks one eye open, furrowing his eyebrows, because that... certainly wasn't supposed to happen. He couldn't even remember the last time an alarm woke him up.

Taking a glance around the room, he suddenly realizes with quite a bit of alarm that this-- This was not where he fell asleep last night. This wasn't his bed, or bedroom, or house. It was familiar, like he'd been there at least once before, but definitely not his own.

There were clothes littered on the floor, pushed to various corners and sides of the room. Inside out t-shirts, jeans, socks. He had been sleeping on a bunk bed, he notices. There was a desk in the middle of the room, and shelves weighted with books and figurines.

Tony slowly pulls the quilted comforter off his legs and looks down at a pyjama-covered body that wasn't even close to his. The shirt was his, a ratty old sweatshirt that he swore he had thrown out, but he'd never seen the flannel plaid pants he was wearing. What the hell was going on?

Is this what the spell was? Was he transported into some alternate dimension or something?

"Peter!"

Uh oh. Tony takes another glance around the bedroom he was in, and suddenly, horrifyingly, everything clicks. The Academic Decathlon posters hung up on the wall, the Star Wars ship models strung from various corners, the organized messiness that could only be attributed to the room of a certain Peter Parker. (He knows. He sees it in his lab after Peter is left alone in it for an hour. Scattered papers, post-it note reminders, homework. Really, Tony should have realized sooner whose room he was in.)

The second thing that clicks, is that Tony was not Tony Stark. He obviously was, mentally, but physically Peter Parker was standing in his place, or rather, Tony was standing in his— It's all confusing if he thinks too deeply about it for more than a second. If he was here, where was the real Peter?