Making The Call

a/n: mgh

⚠️graphic depictions of injury⚠️

Spooktober 21: Barbed Wire

It had only taken one trip, one slip of his feet, for him to go tumbling past the fence and fall to the ground. His whole leg got caught in something, and it stung, it hurt as if he had been bitten into by a lion, only something ridiculous could have hurt that badly from just a trip.

"Oh my god," Peter gasped. "Karen, what the hell happened?"

He looked behind him to try and see the damage, and cringed at the grisly sight of his leg. The whole thing was tangled in wire, gripping into his skin and ripping through the suit. Blood dripped onto the floor and all Peter could do is look on in disgust.

"It seems your leg has been caught in barbed wire, and it is causing severe laceration wounds," Karen said calmly in his ear. "Sources say the best way to take care of it is to cut the wires, and then sanitize the wounds, stop the bleeding, and wrap the injury tightly in gauze."

Peter made a pained noise. "Ew ew ew ew—Okay, I'm caught on the sharp thingys and I don't have a wire cutter, what do I do?"

"May I recommend calling Tony Stark?"

A part of Peter's brain would really rather not call him. He wasn't going to end up in the big time hero missions if every few weeks he was calling Mr. Stark about how he broke a rib, or fell into a freezing lake, or was holding up a broken building, or—

Okay, maybe this happened a little too often. But his leg looked really bad, and the blood had started soak through the suit and stick to his skin, and the whole thing in general just made him want to throw up in his mouth a little bit.

Now, he could call Mr. Stark and let him fly all the way down to Harlem with wire cutters, but that was pushing Peter's limits on how helpless he wanted to be.

Peter looked down at his leg, tangled in wire that was still connected to the stupid fence. He gave a long, painful sigh. Needless to say, this was going to make the agony he was in much, much worse.

"Call Mr. Stark," he said, and then reached forward and yanked the wire away from the fence. Where it had rusted, the wire broke, but not without making the wire wrapped around his leg pull just enough to make him yell in torment.

At that moment, Tony's concerned face shows up in his view. "Woah, kid! What's going on?"

"Hi, Mr. Stark!" Peter said breathlessly, trying to make his voice as cheerful as possible. Tears welled in his eyes as he pulled himself from the ground. "I'm on my way over, actually. Random question: Do you have wire cutters, by chance?"

"Uh, yeah. Who do you think you're talking to?" Tony frowned. "Should you be walking? Let alone swinging. What happened?"

"Funny story. You'll see when I get there," Peter shot a web and started singing, and yelped again as the movement tore the wire further around his muscle. "Mother—"

"Father, actually," Tony finished. "Wrong one. And begging by how you definitely don't sound okay, I'm gonna assume you shouldn't be swinging. Let me come get you."

"No no no!" Peter swung another web. "I'm already moving. Just be ready when I get there, please. With pain meds."

"Christ, kid. You're gonna kill me. How far away are you?"

Peter winced. "Um... Fifteen minutes, maybe?"

"Fifteen—?!" Tony's eyes widen and he looked incredulously at the camera. "Okay. Yeah, no. Thanks for playing, but absolutely not. Tell me your location or I'm making Karen send it to me."