Life's Smaller Problems

a/n: i just know there is gonna be at least one mistake in this because I never edit my oneshots so if you stumble upon one ,,,simply ,, close ur eyes 

[Underoos: um]

[Underoos: so funny story]

Tony froze, his gaze going hard at the messages.

[Mr. Stark: What did you do?]

"I'm sorry, is something on your phone more important than this?" An annoyed man the same age as him scowled, accentuating the angry wrinkles prominent in his forehead.

"Uh," Tony furrowed his eyebrows and glanced up only barely from his phone. "Yeah."

It was the kid; so... Obviously.

"Mr. Stark, this is determining future partnerships for Stark Industries. Surely you—"

"A life could be at stake," Tony said bluntly. (He prayed that was a dramatic exaggeration, but with a text from Peter starting with "funny story", it was honestly impossible to tell.) "Just pay attention to someone else for a minute. I know I'm a sight to behold, but try and keep it in your pants."

The man spluttered.

[Underoos: before you get mad]

Strong start.

[Underoos: patrol was actually going really well before this! i saved 3 separate people and stopped a car theft]

[Mr. Stark: Before WHAT, kiddo]

[Mr. Stark: Give me details]

"Sir," the grumpy corporate boss from before spoke up. "It really wouldn't be in your best interest—or your company's best interest, to miss this conversation."

"Then you should've thought about that before you insisted on me to be here instead of the CEO," Tony said curtly, not bothering to look up this time. "Let's just— Five minute break, alright? Go eat a Snickers or something. You're not you when you're hungry."

[Underoos: i may have got hit with something?]

[Underoos: dart]

[Underoos: full of glowy stuff]

[Underoos i think there are symbols written on the side?]

A photo came in of a strange puncturing thing, strangely illuminescent and glowing a hazy green. The photo was slightly blurry from being taken with a shaky hand, but Tony could still see what looked like some sketchy runes etched into the side of it. This didn't bode well.

He cursed quietly.

"Is everything all right, Mr. Stark?" Someone else asked, a woman, sat at the end of the table. She was one of the only people who remained in the room while everyone else had left for the impromptu break.

Tony stood up and walked towards the door. "Uh... Hope so. Listen, I've gotta go. Tell the guy with the stick up his behind that I'll get back to him."

She blinked. "Oh—"

Tony left the room and tapped the side of his glasses. He headed right for the exit of the building. "FRI, call Peter Parker. And notify Doctor Strange that we have a magic situation, and I don't mean the kind with rabbits in hats."

"Yes, Boss."

The call rang, then picked up.

"Please don't be mad!" Peter rushed. "The guy came out of nowhere! I didn't even have time to call anybody, like, I seriously didn't even see him until it was too late and I was yanking this weird needle thing out of my leg—"