Chapter 8

Meanwhile in VR Mansion...

"Iss mufat ladki ko sabak sikhana bahut zaroori hai. Iski bolti band nhi ki toh mera naam bhi Kabir nhi.." Muttering to himself, the new inclusion in the family named Kabir, walked towards Ishani's room.

His lips pursed in annoyance, while mind running fast looking at the possessions in the room. His eyes then fell on the medicine strip placed casually on the side table.

Slyly closing the door, Kabir walked inside. He took out a similar looking strip and replaced it with the original one.

"Ab pta chalega issey ki Kabir se bhidna kitni badi galti hai" smirking he left the place taking the original strip with himself.

***********

After placing her expensive attires in the wardrobe, Ishani made herself comfortable on her soft bed. Feeling the urgency to satisfy her dried up throat, she poured out the water into the glass when the medicine strip came into her visual area.

*Yeh dawai le lena*

Tearing the strip, Ishani headed to pour herself the last ounce of water into the  glass, but was enough to take the medicine.
Gulping the little tablet, she placed aside the empty jug and glass.

Lifting her legs on the bed, Ishani rested her back on the bed stand. She started reading a magazine when she felt her head give a sharp twirl.

Blinking her eyes, Ishani adjusted herself again and continued reading.
After a moment or so, her head spinned again. She involuntarily took the glass when she realised, it's empty.

Sighing, she bent down to take the empty jug, when her head almost gave a second sharp twirl.

"Ah.." she let out and fell back on the bed. Massaging her head for a good couple of seconds, Ishani stood up. She looked out of the room in order to find anybody, but no one to be seen around.

She tried calling, but it was as if due to continuous spining, her brain got numb. She wasn't able to bring out her loud voice from her larynx.

Ishani stepped out of her room. She held the walls for support while walking through the corridor.

"Yeh mera sar itna kyun ghum raha hai?" Sighing she massaged her head again with her two fingers.

She then cleared her vision, by frequently blinking her eyelids and then moved down the the first stair followed by the second when her heels slipped at the edge of the stair.

In order to balance herself she let go off the jug with a crash when a shattered glass piece cut the sole of the foot. "Ahh!" She let out admist the haziness. The searing pain failed her attempts to save herself.

Ishani was ready to face the stairs, when her arm was grabbed and suddenly she got pulled back, which made her sit on the first step in reflex, along with the person in front.

Ishani felt the pair of arms were protectively wrapped around her tummy, while she hugged the person deep. "Vansh bhai" she mumbled smiling.

"Ishani.. Ishani..." She faintly heard her name getting called while her cheeks getting patted. She looked up, squinting, trying to keep her eyes open, "Vansh bhai?" She called again, when the little smile formed on her face faded. Even in her blurred vision she could very well interpret that she wasn't in the protective arms of her brother.

"Nhi main Riddhima" she heard the person saying her name and Ishani screeched out. Though she couldn't react with much force, but enough to make Riddhima understand her intolerance.