Chapter 31

It was a bright sunny morning, with birds chirping in their nest, occupied in one of the big trees of the garden of VR Mansion. Like any other regular day, the whole family met up on the breakfast table. The Eldest member being the strict follower of famous phrase A family that eats together, live together, makes sure that the whole lot, for once comes face to face. 

Having their healthy morning meal, the close looking group forming colloids of multiple group, chattered about their respective matters. 

Vansh and Riddhima, even if their covers are blown in front of each other, tried to keep themselves composed and normal in order prevent any heads turning.

The door bell rang, when a servant was asked to open it for them.

"Kaun hai Sheetal?" Granny asked when clicking of boots were heard, marching into the house. 
"Mrs. Anupriya Rai Singhania?...." one of the proud police superintendent, called out when the three stars on his shoulder tinkled, ".....You are under arrest!" he added when all the mouths hung open simultaneously.

"What?" where as Kabir uttered an interrogative whisper. 

"Kaisi Bakwaas kar rahe aap inspector sir?" Anupriya charged walking round the table. 

"Humare paas aapke against valid proof hai" replied the Inspector.

"Kya hua Inspector sir?" The heavy authorative tone, unknowingly sending chills through Anupriya's figure, snapped the head of the Inspector.

"Mr. Vansh,  humare paas inke against valid proof hai ki inhone hi Mrs. Uma Rai Singhania ka katl kiya" Inspector Shivir elaborated the reason of his presence.

"Kya Bakwaas kar rahe hai aap inspector sir?" Kabir hustled past the members.

"Vansh dekho na...." clutching the arm, Anupriya eyed him, who looked back at her uninterested, to take an action,  "....Maine aisa kuch nhi kiya...." whilst trying to bore her nail into his coat. 

Not her fault, she's still in the illusion that the man in front is their pawn Vihaan, little did she has a heed that what grave mishap she has done. 

"Hume ek lead mili jiske basis par humne case re-open kiya....." Inspector Shivir revealed when Vansh turned his attention towards the Inspector, ".....Uma RaiSinghania ki case koi suicidal yaa medical ailment nhi thi. It was a clear cut murder. Aur yeh baat inhone khud confess ki..." saying the Inspector looked at his junior who played the video on the laptop.

Stumbling a step back, Anupriya looked at Kabir who had the same shocked expression on his face. 

*Tab toh tumne mujhe Sia ko marte hue bhi dekha hoga. Ussey pta chal gya tha ki maine hi uske biological mother ka khoon kiya*

"Yeh sab toh Mom ne Vihaan se kaha tha. Matlab Vihaan ne?...." hastily speaking in his mind, Kabir looked at Vihaan whose eyes were still stuck at the Inspector.

All eyes were on Anupriya. Some scrunched due to confusion, some red due to rage, while only single one with a knowing look, Ishani.

"Ek minute Inspector sir..." Interrupted Kabir as the lady constable approached Anupriya to tie her hands in handcuffs,  "...yeh video fake bhi ho sakta hai. Meri mom ko phasane ke liye" added Kabir when Anupriya nodded her head briskly. 

"Yeh koi fake video nhi hai...." grunted out Inspector at such petite interruption in business,  "....Experts ne iss baat ki pushti ki hai. Aur aapko yeh baat pta honi chahiye ex-inspector Kabir, ki bina proofs ke court bhi hume arrest warrant nhi degi" The Inspector stated and when a pair of doe shaped eyes rolled at Kabir.