Chapter 20

"Toh...." Walking round the big throne, Aangre graced up towards his boss, "....Kaisa lag raha hai Vansh bhai, apni riyasat mein wapas aa kar?" He asked giving a triumphant smile.

"Apna ghar apna hi hota hai Aangre" replied Vansh with a satisfactory beaming on his countenance.

Shoving his hands in his pocket, he looked ahead on the pinwheel which had the faces on his family members, including Kabir, when the lightened up profile, soon faded.

"Kya soch rahe ho Vansh bhai?" Asked Aangre noticing the nerve at the corner of Vansh's eyes twitching.

"Kabir akela nhi hai Aangre...." replied Vansh whilst turning around to look at his bodyguard, "....Uske saath iss ghar se koi toh hai...."

"Riddhima bhabhi?" Aangre guessed instantaneously.

"....ke alawa.." added Vansh glancing at the pinwheel again.

"Kaun?" Aangre asked furrowing his eyebrows deep.

"Mom" Vansh vocalised out the name of his suspect.

"Anupriya maa?!" Shrieked out Aangre at once, ".....Par woh toh Kabir se haal hi mein mili...." Aangre said to which Vansh raised an eyebrow, ".....I mean... Doubt toh mujhe bahut din se hi hai...but....."

"shayad" Vansh added shortly.
"....Kuch bhi ho sakta hai Aangre...." Vansh murmured softly, "...Ho sakta hai ki Kabir, Riddhima aur Mom, dono ke saath game khel raha ho..." Biting his bottom lip, he continued again, while pacing across the elevated area of his dark hidden chamber with a white ray flicking across the two corners, ".....Yaa phir, yeh puri saazish inn teeno ne mill kar rachi ho....." while Aangre shook his head in negative, ".....Aisa bhi ho sakta hai ki Riddhima ki ismein koi voluntary involvement ho hi nhi..." added Vansh.

"Yaa ho sakta hai Anupriya maa ki koi major involvement na ho.. " Aangre popped in.

"Mmm hmm..." Briskly shaking his head in negative, Vansh affirmed, "Unki involvement hai" he continued, "....Mom ke liye maine, Riddhima ki zabaan pe itni nafrat kabhi nhi dekhi"

"Ho sakta hai...." Guessing a theory, Aangre put in his thought, "....Kabir ne Riddhima bhabhi ki sympathy gain karne ke liye unse jhoot bola ho ki woh anath hai. Aur baad mein jab bhabhi ko pta chala toh woh gussa ho gyi" completed Aangre and the prudent looking expression of Vansh soon faded away.

"Nhi Aangre...." he jumped in, in an obvious tone, ".....Jhoot pakde jaane par Riddhima itna gussa kabhi nhi hogi...." he reasoned out nonchalantly, ".....Das mein se nau baar woh khud jhoot bolti hai" Vansh added making Aangre go a bit cautious.

"Baat kuch aur hai, aur bahut badi hai" Vansh mumbled in solicitude.

*********

"Mom?" The blue eyed soon-to-be mother called out as she entered her bed rested sister's room.

"Uhh..." shrugging hands off briskly, the older women asked, "...Ishani tum yaha??"

"Woh main..." noticing attempts to hide her palm in the loose end of her saree, Ishani replied, ".....Sia ko medicine dene aayi thi"

"Main bas wahi kar rahi thi" Anupriya mom replied whilst giving a short smile.

"Mom?" holding her by her shoulder, Ishani pulled Anupriya on the edge of the bed, where her dear sister Sia lied unconscious, "....Ek baat puchu?" she asked.

"Haa beta pucho" Anupriya mom permitted.

"Kya sach mein ek maa ke liye uske bacche se barkar aur koi nhi hota hai?" She asked while her hand involuntarily placed protectively on her tummy.

"Aaj... Aisa sawal kyun?" Asked back Anupriya while running the horses in her cerebrum.

"Bas....yuhi" replied Ishani shrugging her shoulders.

"Haa...." giving, more of a relaxed smile, Anupriya mom replied, "....Bilkul. Ek maa ke liye uske bache ki khushi se barkar aur kuch nhi hoti..." she added placing her hand on Ishani's tummy, "....Woh sab kuch kar sakti hai uski khushi ke liye..." her eyes widened in a threatening note.

"Aapko kab first time Mom waali feeling aayi thi?" curling her nails into the bed sheets, Ishani continued with her questions, in the most possible calm voice note.

"Jab Maine pehli baar kabir ko apne haath mein liya tha..." she replied smiling to herself, "....chota sa mera bachha...nazuk sa... Dekhte dekhte itna bada ho gya....." she added, clinging in the same zone.

"Par aapne toh ussey bada hote hue dekha hi nhi" interrupted Ishani snapping her Mother out of her memory lane.

"Par Sia ko toh dekha...." replied Anupriya mom in an obvious tone, when Ishani felt her heart skipping a beat, ".....Sia bhi toh itni choti thi jab usne mujhe maa kehkar bulaya tha...aur aaj..."

"Hmm.. Sia aapki sabse ladli thi..." Said Ishani looking at her Sleeping Beauty.

"Tum bhi utni hi precious ho" Putting a comforting hand on her shoulder, Anupriya Mom replied.

************

*Sia beta.. Kyun baar baar mujhse gunah karwa rahi ho?? Chali kyun nhi jaati meri zindagi se?*

*Itni acchi planning ki, phir ghum ke wapas aa gyi*

"Main galat nhi ho sakti... Maine injection lagate hue dekha tha" Mumbling to herself, Ishani changed into her night wear.

Walking back into her room, Ishani checked on the bolt of the door which was firmly latched.
Wiping her face, she sat in front of the mirror to follow up her night routine, when the reflection of her pale face came into view.

Soaking the cotton with the rose water, Ishani dabbed it on her cheeks,
"Kya Mom ne...?" and the corner of the beautifully carved eyes welled up with tears, "Sahi kehte hai log, sauteli maa, sauteli hi hoti hai..." crushing the little cotton between the fingers, Ishani gritted her teeth.

"Par main apni behen ko kuch nhi hone dungi..." Ishani asserted standing up from her place, "Kyunki maine apni mom se promise kiya hair ki main Sia ko hamesha protect karungi" Wiping the little drop off her cheek, Ishani scooped out past the chair to head on to the bed, when the hem of her gown got caught by the nail.

The tensed up lady slowly slipped the cloth out of the nail, when the little peeking out womb came into view. She softly placed her palm on it, when she felt her anxiety shooting up. "Sia ke saath saath mujhe mere baby ko bhi protect karna hai..." her fingers trembled vigorously, "......warna Mom agar Sia ko maar sakti hai, toh mere bacche pe kabhi rehem nhi dikhayegi" she mumbled to herself.

Ishani soon started pacing across the room while her fingers rubbed roughly against each other, "Vansh bhai..?" The thought of her brother soon relaxed her,  "Vansh bhai ko batana hoga...." deciding the girl rushed to move out of her room, but then suddenly stopped in tracks, "Nhi bata sakti..." Ishani whispered to herself, "....Nhi bata sakti main Vansh bhai ko... Woh nhi manege..." shaking her head in dismay, Ishani let herself fall on the bed.
.
.
.
.
From here on,  the story will have least possible connection with the show.  Hope you all like it.

Please do vote and comment below your feedback.

Please do follow for further notifications.

Until then....  Bye...

Thank You
..........