Chapter 14

"Kaam ho gya..." Asked Kabir as he entered into a matty room. It's white walls had turned grey due to extreme deposit of dirt and soot, while the space was getting illuminated by the flicking bulb hanging on the centre.

"Hmm.." replied a masculine voice, who was seen comfortably sitting at the dark space of the room.
His legs were seen crossed on one another, due to the flicking light, while his left hand lying on the dirty handle of the single-seater sofa; while the other playing with the long wine glass.
A small round wooden table was placed adjacent to the sofa, on which a bottle of expensive red wine was kept. 

"Koi development?" Kabir inquired again, while he tailed around the long rectangle table, lying just beneath the flicking bulb holder, and then rested his back on the top of it. 

"Nhi" replied the concealed man.

"Hmmm...." Scratching his beard, Kabir continued thoughtfully, "...Matlab.... ek aur dose ki zaroorat hai" he added.

Pacing twice in the room, Kabir abruptly stopped in tracks, "Koi nhi...kaam ho jayega" he notified confidently.

"Kaise?" Asked the masculine voice as he seemed to gulp in a red liquid.

"Jawaab dena mera kaam nhi hai" Asked Kabir whose confident expression soon got replaced by a sharp glint.

"Hai..." Demanded the man, as he bent down to fill in the bottle (his black tuft of hairs seemed to shine under the yellow light),  ".....Because you are bound Mr. Kabir..." he added as he sat up straight whilst pulling himself back into darkness again, "....Tumhari gaadi tabhi aage badhegi jab main driver seat par main baithunga" he completed and Kabir looked at him dumbstruck.

Rubbing the skin between the eyebrows, Kabir wiped his entire face roughly. He looked at the man, who was busy twisting his right wrist, thus playing with the glass, with a stern look and then replied, "Shaadi....."

The hand of the concealed man stopped immediately in tracks,"......Main Riddhima se shaadi karunga" Kabir elaborated his true intentions and could see the nerves under the skin of his upper palm, holding the glass, got tensed.

"Fayda?" The man asked shortly.

"Bahut saare...." answered Kabir shoving his hands inside his pocket, ".....but main nhi bata sakta. You know, thoda personal hai" he added in an obvious tone and then again rested his back on the table top, while orbs fixed on the hand that had stopped playing with the glass.

Kabir gave a wide smile when again the wrist started rotating on its axis, whilst twirling the red shiny liquid. Taking in another gulp, the masculine voice giggled out, "Personal word tabhi aacha lagta hai Mr.Kabir jab uss rishtey mein pyaar ho..." He said.

"Kehna kya chahte ho?" Asked back Kabir as the wide smile of his faded a bit, accompanied by the frown.

"......Agar aapke aur Riddhima ke rishtey mein itna hi pyaar hota..." he added whereas bending down to fill his glass again. It is at this moment, the rays of the bulb illuminated the frontal region of her forehead and the shining light brown iris of the man matched with Kabir's black ones, "....toh aapka 'mohra' aapke dushman ke pyaar mein nhi parta" he said and his eyes screamed smirk, as if mocking Kabir.

"Yeh sab kuch tumhe kaise pta hai?" Asked Kabir, as he curled his fist, whereas taking a step towards the man, who again covered himself with darkness.

"Phir kyun lagta hai...." The man chuckled at the astounded profile of Kabir, ".....maine Vansh ko maarne mein tumhari madad kyun ki?" He asked taking another large gulp.