Chapter 21

Opening her arms wide, the pregnant woman, was lying on her back. Her eyes holding the briming tears, while the heart heavy in agony.
Never in her dreams she expected, the woman who was her partner-in-crime right from childhood will comment such a sin.
Her heart trembled even at the thought of her sister being attacked. The pain she was enduring, welled up the corners.
Well, is it possible that it was her who have attacked her brother?
And sadly, the prey worships the predator.

*knock! Knock* Her senses got alert as the little pat on the door reached her ears. Sitting up, Ishani looked at the door and watched vividly. "Kau-Kaun?" she asked wiping her tear-glistened cheeks.

*Kahi Mom toh nahi....Unhe pta toh nhi chal gya ki mujhe sab....* Her anxiety shot up again thinking about the instance that her mum might be standing on the other side of the door ready to charge her with a knife.

She stood up, shaking like a leaf in fear. Hurriedly grabbing the pointed hair pin from her dressing table, Ishani walked towards the door taking small steps.

"Kaun hai?" She asked while moving towards the door.

"Ishani main... Darwaza kholo" She heard a familiar voice and unexpectedly it soon calmed down her heated up nerves. "Aangre..." She managed to whisper.
It was him, her man. Heaving out a sigh of relief, Ishani threw the hair pin back on the dressing table and opened the door.
A little smile crept and Aangre entered the room.
"Kay hua?" He asked as he took his steps in, ".....Tumne darwaza kyun lock-" He turned around to ask further, when the pair of arms hugged around his torso tight. Her head firmly placed on his chest and that's when the sweet lavender smell of her hairs, hit his nose.

He raised up his hands in alert, his light brown orbs grew wide in astonishment while his senses got numbed at such sudden move. "Ishani?" He called her out with an air of uncertainty.

"Agar kabhi mujhe yaa humare bacche ko kuch bhi hua toh tum hume bacha loge na?" Ishani asked back in the next instance while still burying her head in his chest.

"Kya?" Her request left him astounded. The lady who was ready to suck the soul out of her despisers was asking for help. His arms immediately wound protectively around her, "Tumhe koi khatra hai Ishani?" Aangre asked in concern.

"Aisi koi baat nhi hai" replied Ishani getting out of the hug, her eyes averted to her feet.

"Toh tum itni dari hui kyun ho?" Aangre inquired taking a step towards her while holding her arms.
Aangre looked at her intently, when Ishani red eyes came in sync with his, "Bas khulli aankhon se ek bhayanak sapna dekh liya tha" she replied in a husky voice.
Averting his concerned gaze, Ishani moved towards the bed. She took the book lying on the side-table and started reading it.
Whereas, Aangre glancing at her for one last time with confused and concerned lines on his forehead, walked into the rest room grabbing his black vest and Pyjama from the closet.
Though Ishani orbs sticked to the pages, her mind was constantly on the door. She tapped her fingers impatiently on the cover of the book waiting for her husband to walk out. Well, it's been only two minutes.

Clicking of the door was heard and Ishani hurriedly placed the book back on its place.
               Throwing his left clothes in the laundry bucket, Aangre walked towards the bed to grab the pillow when Ishani stopped him, "Aangre?!...."

"Haa?" He responded.

".....Aaj yahi so jao please....." she added her request while looking at him with hopeful eyes.
But, on the part of Aangre, for him, it came as a bolt from the blue.
"Uhh... " He sat on the edge of the bed, "....Ishani..."