Chapter 29

"Dadi.. " Riddhima muttered as she rushed towards her broken great mother, but then Vihaan sweeped in and took her place.
Placing an arm around Granny's shoulder, Vihaan held her weak self,  "Kya property hi sab kuch hai tumlogo ke liye?!?!" The elderly women grunted out due to vacancy of oxygen in her lungs.
She continued, "....Property ke liye ek dusre ke khoon ke pyaase ho gye hai sab ke sab!!" while her orbs traced each bodied-soul in the area,  "...Aryan? Ishani?..." Granny called out names making the sibling put their head down in shame,  "....Kis cheez ki kami rakhi hai Vansh ne tumlog ki zindagi mein?" She asked accusingly. 

".....Agar sahi mayno mein dekha jaaye toh mera Vansh iss ghar ka eklauta kamane wala hai...." Added Granny when the pit of the stomachs jolted, due to the apt harsh reality check given by the old women, "....Phir bhi kisi ko ek paise ki kami nhi hone di..." she breathed in deep...

"...Dadi..." when Vihaan gripped her shoulder tight to keep the shattered women in place.
Not her fault, any heart would cry feeling the agonizing pain of family scattering, only due to money.

"....Phir batao...." she continued ignoring Vihaan's reluctancy, "....kyun chahiye property? Chanchal? Anupriya??" She looked pointedly at her two daughter-in-law who seemed grunting and gritting under their breath. 

"Galti humari nhi hai Mummy Ji. Vansh ki hai...." plucking up all the courage in her, Chanchal threw indirects at Vihaan. 

"Vansh ko tumhare bete se mera beta zyada kaabil laga.. " Anupriya reasoned out rolling her eyes when Chanchal cut in,  "Saga, saga hi hota hai JiJi. Aaj saabit ho gya" Chanchal taunted.

"Yahi aapka parivaar hai Dadi...." said Vihaan taking a step forward, "....Vansh se pyaar aur bharosa sirf uski property ke liye hi tha..." he added looking at the great mother who broke into tears and that's when Riddhima held her,  "....Vansh ka darr, uska khauf, sirf uski takat ke wajah se tha..." he continued when his voice seemed to break a little,  "....Warna jinki himmat nhi hoti thi..." he turned around looking at Chanchal Chachi and Aryan following Anupriya, "....mere orders ke against jaane ki, aaj unhe koi farq nhi parta ki Vansh saamne khada hai...." and his ears started taking a shade of red while his eye-rims stretched out wide,  "....Jo aaj khud ek dusre ke khoon ke pyaase hai, Woh kabhi Vansh ke khoon ke pyaase the.. " he added, melancholy depicting through his larynx. 

***********

"Kahi bahar chale? Bahut din ho gye main kahi bahar nhi gyi" Handing over the lustrous black coat, the same coat which Vansh wore when she first met him on the beach party,  Riddhima asked Vihaan.
Scrunching his nose at such unexpected offer, Vihaan scanned her suspiciously but was unable to hit on the right stone. 

Nearly snatching the coat off her hand, Vihaan threw it on the bed and stood there shoving his hands in the pocket.
Taking as a Yes, Riddhima went inside the restroom to get changed. 

************

"Oof..." Breathing out a loud sigh, Kabir massaged his neck and did some shoulder exercise, "...Ab yeh video humara kisi kaam ka nhi hai Mom.. " he said deleting the CCTV footage of Vihaan tampering with the car, ".....Ab uss Aangre ko phasana hai. Baaki property uske haath mein hai.. " reciting his plan, Kabir looked at his mother,  when he noticed the slim figure was lost in wonderland.

"Kya hua Mom?" he asked sitting on the floor, while taking her hands in his.

"Kuch nhi.. " she replied and a lone tear escaped her eyes.