Chapter 28

"Woh Vansh hi tha..." she asserted with all her might.

"Tum itne surity ke saath kaise keh sakti ho?" Asked Vihaan wiping the sweat beads on his forehead formed due to extreme exertion.

"Kyunki Vansh aur tumhare baat karne ke tarike mein bahut farq hai....." replied Riddhima in a low tone, ".......Tumhe basketball khelna nhi aata. Jiss din se tum aaye ho, tumne ek baar bhi basketball nhi khella..." she added, "....Vansh basketball khele bina reh nhi pata tha.." concluded Riddhima when Vihaan quirked the right corner of his lips, thus replacing the stern look.

"....Tumhari har harkat par nazar hai meri Vihaan...." crossing arms across her chest Riddhima continued, "....Main kuch bolti nhi iska matlab yeh nhi ki mujhe pta nhi chalta ki tumne kya kar rahe ho..." Riddhima vocalized confidently only to receive a chuckle from Vihaan, or more appropriately, sarcastic chuckle, "Of course!" throwing the towel on his kit, Vihaan crossed Riddhima while speaking, ".....Tumhe toh pta hoga hi...." he added stooping a bit towards her ear, "....Nazare mujhpar hi jo gara kar baithi hai tumne...." he sort of accused making the girl look at him taken aback, "....Tumhe jasoosi karni chahiye kisi aur par, Lekin tumhe apne partner par zyada shaq hai...." he completed and Riddhima let out a deep held sigh.

".....Kya karoon...." her voice seemed heavy with guilt, "....Kabhi maine bhi kisi pe aankh band karke bharosa kiya tha. Uss ek galti ki saza mujhe vidhwa bankar chukani par rahi...." she added looking at him and soon Vihaan's features softened, and then got replaced by confusion.

"Par issey log bharosa karna toh nhi chor dete na..." He advised on a soft note.

"Thik hai..." Riddhima advocated, "....Karti hoon tumpar bharosa. Ab sach batao? Kya baatein karte ho Kabir se... " she asked dictating.

"Bataunga..." Nodding his pivot joint, Vihaan took a step forward while his eyes scanned the surroundings, ,"...Pehle tum batao ki tum sleeping pills aur relaxtants kyun leti ho?" he counter questioned.

"Ussey tumhe koi matlab nhi hona chahiye..." Riddhima retorted immediately.

As she faced around, Vihaan grabbing Riddhima's waist pulled her close to him. Riddhima bumped into his chest due to the sudden jerk and their eyes met for a stance.

Oh Lord! Those exact similar eyes, that once hitched her breath, numbed her senses was so much resembling to this doppleanger. "Mujhe matlab nhi hoga toh aur kissey hoga...." He asked maintaining the eye contact and then lowered down towards her ear, "...Mrs. Riddhima Vansh Rai Singhania" as he named her, pit of Riddhima's stomach centrifuged fast.
The words, that just escaped off his mouth, weren't merely a prank. No, it wasn't. The voice note had authority, just like Him.

"Va-Vansh?" She stammered out his name, maybe be in an expectancy to get positive answer, but there was none.

"Riddhima!!!" They heard her name getting called, when both of their head snapped towards the voice source.

"Dadi bula rahi hai" Vihaan said, releasing Riddhima, "...Jao.." he passed out the word whilst throwing the handle of the kit on his shoulder and then walked away, sipping water from his sipper.

"Ek pal ke liye kyun laga ki yeh mera Vansh hai?" she mumbled and the corners started filling.
She asked, she asked him his identity a minute ago. He didn't answer, neither a yes, nor a no.
Reminiscing, Vansh's past records, Riddhima realised that playing tricks was never a tough job for Vansh, but, question is; If so, then why?