Chapter 16

"Doctor? Meri bacchi thik hai na??"
Folding her hands, close to her heart, the elderly women asked miserably about her pregnant grand daughter.

"Dekhiye.." Giving a stern look, the Gynaecologist replied, "....patient abhi toh thik hai. Unke pet mein dard, high blood pressure ki wajah se hua hai. Kya unhe koi stress hai?" She asked.

"Umm..." unable to reveal the situation in words, the granny glanced at the others, who looked equally clueless about the fact of what to say. Then deciding to keep mum, the head of the house simply nodded her head.

".....Zyada stress maa aur bacche dono ke liye khatra hai.." Pursing her lips in annoyance, the strict looking Gynacologist warned.....

"Madam...." She got out of her rewind mode, when the taxi driver called  her, "....pahuch gye" he informed her.

"Haa..." eliminating the little hanging tears, Riddhima handed out his fare ".....lijiye" and walked out of it.

She looked at the little apartment.
An apartment way to small than the large Mansion she occupied with her husband, and now, all alone.

Licking her vaseline greased lips, Riddhima took baby steps towards the door. She lifted her hand to give a knock, but somewhere hesitation overpowered her determination.

*In 42 ghanto mein tumhe mere paas aana hi hai Riddhima, aur yeh hone se koi nhi rok sakta* The vile words of her husband's biggest enemy, and now hers too, started placing the cracked determination pieces back into her heart.

*Bahut jald, tum Mrs. Riddhima Vansh se Mrs. Riddhima Kabir ban jaogi* The trembling heart, that shook even about thinking, how she has decided to fool the whole family all together, got comforted.

*Jiss maang par Vansh ka haq tha, ab uspe mere naam ki sindoor chadhegi* How much she wished that this all was really a part of April fool like the carefree childhood days, but unfortunately, she is forced to.

The shameless, dirty, insensitive, vile dog indirectly pushed her into the web of complexity. Every time she claims, it's his fault, he twist things giving valid reasons and alas! she falls into the pit again.

Shrugging off the thoughts, Riddhima knocked on the wooden door. Her silver bangles clinging against the tarnished wood.

"Ab kya hua?? Phir se gunde par gye tumhare piche?" The door got opened revealing his look alike. So similar yet so different.

*Mera naam Vihaan hai*

Her eyes were accustomed to see his stern look, this sharp jawline covered with good growth of black beard, while hairs well settled with his favourite fruity gel. How much she missed the instant raspberry hit, wherever she came close to him.

"Tumhari madad chahiye" She responded shortly looking at him, when those brown orbs of the look alike, named Vihaan, instantly captured her attention.
The exactly same brown iris, just like her husband, but do these hold the same deep emotions as his?

Vihaan screeched in annoyance, when Riddhima blinked out of her wonderland, which was unfortunately not anymore colourful as before.
She switched on her phone, to reveal the photograph of her husband.

She turned around the screen for Vihaan to see and the screeching expression has immediately turned into astonishment, "Yeh aapne meri photo laga kar kyun rakhi hai?"