5. proposal

✦✦✦ 

♫ 22 (over s∞∞n) by bon iver ♫

Standing outside of Krista's house, it felt like returning to the scene of the crime.

It was here where everything began falling like dominoes. But Greta knew that Julien was staying here. And she knew that he'd much rather sleep in the place he once called home instead of here with his friends.

At least, that's what she believed.

And when the door opened, she grimaced at the sight of her brother, Danny, being the first thing she'd seen here. Though, she would've thought that seeing him was better than seeing Krista.

"Please don't tell me you two are still dating?" She asked worriedly.

But the taller, dark-haired sibling scoffed at her. "You think I'm gonna pass up on Krista when she's got an ass like that? You're crazy, Grets."

Her face knew nothing but horror and disgust before she pushed her older sibling to the side. "Is he here?"

"Uh- Who are we talking about?"

Greta stormed through the entryway and through the living room at first before giving Danny more answers. "You know damn well who! Your buddy? My ex? Where the hell is-"

"JULIEN! YES!!"

She huffed, and her eyes rolled their way over to Danny, who only looked to her with a coy shamelessness as they both gathered the sound of a woman's vocals reaching such a high pitch above them. She walked up the stairs with caution, bracing herself for whatever she had expected to see.

Some moans were blended behind EDM noise. And from what very little could be seen behind the cracked opening of the bedroom door, Greta seethed at the sight of some slender-looking woman with dark hair that cascaded down her bouncing back.

But she opened the door despite being induced by the nauseous sight of it all. Any regular girl would be enraged at the sight of some other woman riding out their ex-boyfriends, especially their ex-fiances. But after enough instances, Greta had gotten used to it.

The two of them sleeping with other people had been some sort of pastime between the two. Whenever one did - which usually began with Julien - the other would find a way to pay them back twofold.

But now that they were in the middle of their break, Greta could only imagine just how many girls Julien brought into this bed. And in doing so, she was only urged to think back on that one decent month she had throughout it all.

The month spent belonging to Eli.

That was over with, now. Greta knew she needed to stop thinking about it. Instead, she walked over to the Bluetooth speaker that played the music. And picking it up, she turned the music off completely, careless of the jolt the poor girl made as Julien hurried to toss her off.