16. hot cocoa

♫ sunsetz by cigarettes after sex ♫

Seattle was wearing December well. The holiday vibe was rampant, and that was something Cora loved more than anything. 

This month in particular, however

It was the first December where she wasn't, for the most part, by herself. Sure, there were years when she prepped for Christmas with Kelly and Lulu, but there was never quite a year like this. For this year, she wasn't single. 

She wasn't carousing Instagram, stalking old college friends, and seeing that they were with their boyfriends or husbands for the holidays. She wasn't watching from the sidelines as Lulu occasionally embarrassed Kelly with flamboyant, yet cute Christmas attire around the office.

This time, the only thing she needed to keep her blue-green eyes on, was the chiseled man behind the glass of the gym windows, pumping the weights up and down in a rhythm that reminded her of other things he would normally pump. 

But she calmed herself down some, remembering that she was still holding the two cups of hot chocolate in her hands and that he was still in the middle of working, technically. 

She wasn't so keen to find out that he was a personal trainer. It was too easy to let her thoughts slip into the wicked mind games of him training some desperate housewife in her 40s that was steadily building her libido up to pin him down on those gym mats and make him have his way with her. 

But she managed to trust him.

As long as she was able to urge just who it was he was training, which had to be either really grotesque or very old clients. 

And after that, then she may feel just a little satisfied. 

But it was hard to sink any deeper into her toxic thoughts when watching him like this. And when Marcus knew that she was watching him, it made it all the better. Just when he finished his workout, she deemed it safe to walk into the gym, where her ears were surrounded by the poppy EDM music from his speakers. 

Gleefully, she greeted him. "A hot cocoa for my hot cocoa!"

 "A hot cocoa for my hot cocoa!"