8. kindred spirits

✦✦✦ 

♫ try by the xx ♫

It was after she realized that the casserole in her fridge had gone bad did Frances settle for offering up Chinese takeout in its place. Thankfully, Eli had been patient enough to wait.

And in doing so, she'd taken him on a tour through much of her living room

And in doing so, she'd taken him on a tour through much of her living room. He looked on at much of the structure and its similarities to the living room in his apartment. It was interesting to recall how spacious their homes were when there wasn't much inside.

In Frances's case, she lived nearly just as minimalistic as he did. Aside from the one plush and lavender sofa she had placed in front of her 40" TV, there was but the coffee table set in between them. 

All the while, she had a table at the height of his hip that held up a plastic plant and two picture frames of what he could only assume to be her with her family. 

"That's the three of y'all?" Eli had asked her as he picked up the small, square-shaped picture.

And walking back to him with two bottles of beer, Frances handed him one and smiled fondly. "Yeah, we took it for Thanksgiving the year before. My grandmother had tons of copies."

"I see you was rockin' the bangs hella hard," He teased, which resulted in Frances rolling her eyes and laughing.

"Shut up, I had acne back then! I had to cover it up somehow. You're gonna tell me that you came out of the womb looking like... That?" She wondered as her fingers gestured up and down Eli's frame in fascination. 

Though, deep down the only thing, she had in mind to compare him to was of a dark-skinned Hemsworth sibling with a southern accent.  

But he, too, managed to chuckle, some. "I had a fat face," He admitted. "And my teeth were mad crooked. Had to get the one in the back fixed after a wrestling accident."

She quirked a brow. "You know you're gonna have to let me see that sometime, right?"

Sipping his beer, however, Eli smirked before wandering over to the couch to take a seat. Then, Frances wasn't too far behind once she kicked off her tennis shoes and climbed onto the other side of the furniture with him. "Was that your brother in the other picture?" He wondered, recalling the second photograph.

However, she shook her head. "Boyfriend. And no, he's not dead." She stated humorously before getting her phone to turn on some music.

After enough scrolling through her phone, she managed to activate her Bluetooth speaker. And amid the soft strums of guitar strings, the folksy, Irish-sounding vocals bringing the album to life was enough to spark Eli's interest. "Aye, who this?"

She blushed a bit, setting her phone down. And just before she could take another swig of her beer, Frances braved to answer. "Okay, you might take some cool points from me. But the new Mumford and Sons album just dropped, and I just wanted to listen to it."