17. pep talk

✦✦✦

♫ big black car by gregory alan isakov ♫

"Can't sleep?" 

Lulu's blue eyes found themselves trailing upward to see Cora standing there just outside of the hallway

Lulu's blue eyes found themselves trailing upward to see Cora standing there just outside of the hallway. She smiled softly, then shook her head before she delved back into focusing on the Cocoa Puffs in her bowl. 

Then, after walking into the kitchen to get herself a bowl, Cora joined her friend in the living room. And together on that couch, they ate their collective bowls of cereal before one blonde could pry her way into the other's. 

"Where's Marcus?" Asked Lulu. 

And Cora shrugged with her mouth occupied with puffs and milk. "Sleeping. He was training someone today, so I guess it took it out of him." 

"Oh yes, I'm sure it was the training that took it out of him." 

With her teasing, Cora had no choice but to blush. And then she muttered into her bowl, "Shut up.".

Lulu giggled, however. "Oh, don't worry, I'm not Greta or Kelly. I'm happy that you have someone finally. You two look cute together. Or at least, you would if I've ever seen you two together outside of the bedroom."

"I'll keep that in mind." Then, grabbing the remote, Cora turned the television to some old, grainy Christmas special, and then she sat back, knowing she could relax a little better this way. "Where is Kelly anyways?" 

"Sleeping. I'm stirring like crazy nowadays. Figured if I tire myself out down here, I'll give her at least a few good hours of sleep. But there's the maternal bliss I've been promise," She teased then. "God, I can't wait till this little thing pops out of me." 

"May, right?" 

"That's what I've been told."

"You excited?" 

She nodded. "To be a mom? Hell yeah. Something about this just feels like the next step, y'know? I'm married now, all my friends are somewhat functional. What else to leave this world with than some cute little bundle of whatever me and the stupendous Miles Hawkins made together. Why? You already thinking about baby names for you and little bro back there?" 

Cora's lips aligned a short and soft smile to her friend before she shrugged. "We're way too early in those stages to even think about those things yet." 

"You never know," Lulu shrugged back. "Something about Kelly when I met her, I knew she was gonna be in my life for years and years to come."