30. new beginnings

Seated on her couch, she found refuge next to Marcus as he mended her continuous morning sickness with hot chocolate. 

All the while, she observed Cora pacing in the middle of the living room as she kept her phone to her ear in frustration

"She's not picking up." 

"Why would she?" Lulu responded with grogginess in her voice. "She's probably hiding from the guilt with her phone off while she and Julien have make-up sex."

"Can you just run it by me again? What did she say to you? What the hell happened?"

At first, Lulu dug into her pocket to pull out the key Greta handed to her, then handed it to Cora. Calming the fumes in her system, the pregnant girl kept herself from losing it as she recalled every bit of the conversation she had back at the apartment. 

"She said something about trying to make it right with Julien again. Talking about how even though she didn't love him now, maybe she could in the future."

Marcus kept himself to the edge of the seat, listening on a little longer before asking, "Hold up, and she just left you there?"

"Yes, but-" And Lulu sighed. "I didn't react in time; I should've stopped her or something. I know." 

But Cora looked down at the two of them intensively. The fire of rage melted the blues of her eyes the moment she tucked her phone into her back pocket.

 The fire of rage melted the blues of her eyes the moment she tucked her phone into her back pocket

"You shouldn't have to do anything," She fussed. "this is typical-Greta! I knew something like this was going to happen! She's like fucking poison and doesn't care how many things she has to fuck up to get what she wants."

The room was flooded with distress and uncertainty. With Kelly and Malik had gone to pick up the rest of their friends for Christmas dinner, that left the three that remained to wonder what next.

But they were too stressed to figure it out. Cora wanted to hurl things at her sister. Lulu just wanted to sleep. Marcus just wanted to console one of them in hopes that their anger wouldn't be taken out on him.

However, time to recollect their thoughts was at an end. The locks to the front door were clicked away, and stepping in had been two more people than had left.