~ Jakewon ~

Well, @danbiP , you finally got it. The one week late Jakewon oneshot for Jake's birthday. 😔. Yeah guys, this is for Jake's birthday so ummmmmmmmmmmmm... happy birthday Jake? This is going to be a VERY short oneshot though because I am still on my trip and don't have that much time. Also, some readers were asking about my playlists that are at the end of each chapter, because some of them don't relate to what is in the oneshot. The playlist is basically just the songs I listen to while writing the oneshot.

Jungwon POV:

      I woke up to the early sunlight hitting my eyes. I felt so drowsy and tired, but I felt like there was something important I had to remember, something that was today... Jake's birthday! I quickly hopped out of bed, ran to the bathroom, changed, made my bed, and then walked into the living room. Everybody except Jake was there, milling around and getting decorations ready. "I'll go make the breakfast guys, okay!" I told them. They nodded and continued to hang up streamers and posters. 

      I looked for some eggs and vegetables. I put the bacon in the pan and began to fry bacon and cut the vegetables. I took some random package of shredded chicken breast that Sunoo had bought yesterday with Sunghoon and then began to cook some omelettes with the chicken and vegetables. I left for a minute to get some water, but when I came back to the stove the bacon and eggs were smoking. I began to cough and futilely tried to turn off the stove and get the pans away from the heat. 

      My hand slipped and I touched the hot pan. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed and my eyes began to fill with tears. It was really hot. I ran into the living room and told everybody to get out of the dorm. I ran to the fire extinguisher and ran back into the kitchen. Poor Jake. His birthday is probably ruined now. It was really smoky, and my lungs began to fill with the gaseous air. I coughed and felt my legs go weak after a minute of trying to put out the fire in the kitchen. It was spreading to the rest of the rooms. My eyes were still watering, I couldn't see anything, and then I heard a loud thud as the extinguisher was ripped from my hands by... nothing. And then it was black. 

Jake POV:

      I woke up and walked into the living room. I saw most of the members chilling on the couch, colorful streamers and posters on the wall. Jay looked really annoyed because Sunghoon was trying to spell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" in gold letters on a piece of giant paper, but it was "HAEPPE BURTHDAE!" instead. Jay was explaining to him that that was not happy birthday, but Sunghoon was saying that it was right. They saw me and the younger said, "Jake, happy birthday! Is this how you spell 'happy birthday' in English? Jay says it's wrong but I don't know." I just laughed and said that it was wrong. He sighed and then went to go get a hug from Heeseung.

      Jungwon was not there. I heard the stove on though, so maybe he was just cooking. But a few minutes later, I smelled a smoky scent and then Jungwon ran into the kitchen and said, "Everybody, get out of the dorm right now!" and everybody rushed to the exit. I stayed there and saw Jungwon grab the fire extinguisher and run back into the kitchen. I ran into the smoke to go find him, and after locating the small figure, I grabbed him just as he fell to the ground. I pulled my shirt over my nose and mouth, and did the same with Jungwon and his shirt. 

      Running out of the dorm with him in my arms, I saw the rest of the members looking for Jungwon, and Ni-ki was calling the firemen. Sunoo was holding the bag that had all of our valuable stuff in it. When we had first come to our apartment, we had all taken a little box and put everything that we really valued and treasured in our lives, like a picture, necklace, favorite pair of earrings, etc., and put them in a bag by the door. If there was ever an emergency, Sunoo would be the one to grab the bag and run out the door with it. 

      The firemen soon arrived and put out the fire. Jungwon was taking to the hospital, and we all walked to the hospital after him. I was really worried. What would happen if Jungwon wasn't going to be okay? I shuddered, trying to imagine our stylists covering up burn marks with makeup. 

      When we got to the hospital, we learned that Jungwon was okay, but his lungs had just consumed too much smoke and not enough oxygen, and he couldn't function properly. He also had some burns that would remain permanently on his arms, but would fade over time. They would still be there though. 

       After the nurses had finished applying ointment on the burns and given Jungwon more oxygen, we were invited into the room. We watched as Jungwon groaned and his big eyes opened. 

Jungwon POV:

      There was a small light in the distance of black. I felt like I was supposed to run to it. So I began to sprint, and the light began to glow larger with every step I took. I saw the members in a hazy outline behind a fuzzy screen in the middle of the white. I pushed the screen down and...

      I saw all white. I blinked a couple of times and then looked down. I saw Ni-ki first. "Jungwon hyung!" he said, nearly popping my eardrums as he ran and shouted into my ears. "Okay let's give him some room, Ni-ki." Jake told him, pulling the child towards Jay to deal with. Just then, a nurse rushed in and said that I could only have one visitor at a time. We all agreed that Jake would go first because it was his birthday. I started to cry after everyone had exited the room.

      "I'm so sorry Jake I ruined your birthday!" I sobbed into the white sheets of the hospital cot. I was so angry at myself. Jake sighed and brought his hand to my back, caressing it. "Shhhh, it's okay. You didn't ruin it. But next time, if you want to treat me to a breakfast, ask Sunghoon to help you buy some food, take me out, or force Jay to help you and then clean up after you." he told me, winking. I felt a laugh bubble up in my chest, and I couldn't contain my laughter. "pppppppfffffffffffftttttttttttttttt hahahahaha!" 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Sorry again for it being so short. How are you guys doing? 

Playlist:

-Jopping ~ SuperM

-Monster ~ EXO

-LALISA ~ Lisa (Blackpink)

Made: honestly, I just worked on it a little everyday for the past three days so I don't know.