37.) MEMORIES

Two days ago we went for the site visit.
A memorial site visit to be exact.

He had carried in his arms.
I felt really strange.
The guy I admired since my childhood was finally giving me some attention I wanted but wasn't it too late....or not.

Brushing every thought away I knocked on his door.
It's around 11 in the night already and still Shushant hasn't even talked about dinner. He is still busy in his study so I brought our dinner here.

I stepped into his study and saw him working.
Typing so fast on the keyboard and his phone is balanced on his shoulder and he is talking or Rather scolding some for not completing the file on time and he has to do it ultimately because there is no time to sent this file on every department for there inputs.

He looked at me and he smiled at me tiredly.

I kept the plate near him and sat opposite to him with my own plate.

But he wasn't eating but still working I sighed and called out to him and he just humed.
Not paying attention to me completely.

"Eat first shushant"

"No ,you eat. I have to complete this before 2 o' clock and mail it to the other company."

"This late in night?" I asked wondering which company will give a deadline at such weird timing.

"It's in the other part of the world shradha" he explained.

"But dinner?"
I asked.

"Ahhh"he said still not looking at me

While I just looked at him. Not knowing what to do

Still ot getting any response from me he looked at meanf sighed.

"Feed me?" He asked sweetly.

While I just got lost in my memories.
Years back when I was only 12.
.
.
.
.
.

I still remember Rohan's 10th birthday party he had come.the  boy sitting alone in a chair eyes focused on the video game in his hand. Not paying attention to anyone else.

Stepmom had asked me to serve the cakes to every child.

I had gone to him with two plates in my hand one for us each and when I called out to him he had ignored me.

But I remained there waiting for him to take the cake so that I could eat mine

"What?" He had asked arrogantly without even looking at me

"Cake, please take it" I had said in a low voice.

"Can't you see I'm busy? This a very difficult level I have to clear it"

"But- " he didn't let me complete and held my hand forcing me to sit beside him

"Sit" he said and looked at me for a few seconds and returned back to the game

"Ahh" he opened his mouth slightly tilted to the side and eyes still focused on the game and fingers busy taping the button.

I was confused of what is he doing .

He again looked at me and sighed

"As you can see I'm very busy.
Feed me "

And opened his mouth again

I hesitantly fed him a  bite. And he hummed in satisfaction

"I like cakes" he said and returned back to the game
With me ocassionaly feeding him and myself.

And after he had cleared the level he had told me about the game and we had laughed together.

.
.
.
.
.
.