6) THE WEDDING~[ii]

So here I'm, sitting beside Shushant. doing all the rituals ,the पंडीत जी (priest) is saying the Chants and I'm listening.

Infront of us is the holly fire

As we are INDIAN HINDUS,
 It's common for guests to wear traditional Indian clothes like saris or lenghas for women and long-sleeved tunics and pants for men. If you decide to go with a more western option, remember that women should have their shoulders, legs, and occasionally arms covered. Men should wear long sleeves and long pants. Both men and women need to bring something to cover their heads during the ceremony. Bold, vibrant colors are heavily encouraged but be sure to stay away from white (associated with funerals), black (considered unlucky), and red as this is the color the bride wears.

And guys the couple do not kiss after the bond is tied unlike the in christianity the couple kiss to seal the bond (how cute)

The wedding date is usually dertermined by the priest, according to the stars. As in considering astrology.

The bride's garments will be red  In red symbolizes the rising sun, prosperity, and fertility.

The bride will be led to the ceremony by either her brothers or uncles. The moment the father gives the bride away is known as the कन्यादान (kanyadaan:  giving away the daughter). In the Hindu tradition, no man can claim a woman until she is offered. During the ceremony, the father of the bride places his daughter's hands into the groom's hands as a gesture of giving her away.

The mother of the bride may also pour water into the bride's hand, which will flow through her fingers and into the hand of her groom. Alternately the mother of the bride would pour water into her husband's hand, which would then flow into the hands of the newlyweds

 Alternately the mother of the bride would pour water into her husband's hand, which would then flow into the hands of the newlyweds

The wedding मंडप  (mandap), or wedding altar, is a temporary structure constructed for the purpose of the marriage ceremony. It may appear on an elevated platform, and is decorated with anything from flowers and greenery to fabric and crystals. The couple is traditionally joined beneath the mandap by their parents and the ceremony officiant.

 The couple is traditionally joined beneath the mandap by their parents and the ceremony officiant