7)THE FIRST NIGHT

Few readers have skipped the previous chapter.
Please view it .
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The most prominent, post-wedding ritual after the Bidaai is the new bride’s welcome into her new abode which is dotted with various customary games and rituals that act as an ice-breaker for the nervous bride.
These ceremonies take place at the groom’s home where the bride’s mother-in-law gives the new couple a warm welcome.  This is known as the Grihapravesa or home coming.  This ceremony usually requires the presence of the entire family of the groom in particular, apart from the presence of his extended family.  The Aarti is performed by the mother-in-law for the newlywed couple

The bride then slowly kicks the कलश (urn) which is filled with rice.then she enters the house for the first time.
It indicates that the with  bride , the  food is also entering the house and till she is there and food will be abundant.

And then she puts her feet in the plate containing आलता(red dye)And walls a few steps it indicates that that goddess लक्षमी (goddess of wealth) is entering the house

And walls a few steps it indicates that that goddess लक्षमी (goddess of wealth) is entering the house.

Our Indian culture has a really deep meaning

Our Indian culture has a really deep meaning. I thought

After driving for atleast one hour the car came to a halt.
The driver told us that we have reached.
Shushant nodded and got out of the car without saying anything or without glancing my way.

Soon driver opened my door and I came out of the car.
Infront of me was a beautiful mansion, although it was dark and it was not decorated as it should have as it was the house of the groom.

Shushant and I entered through the gates. Noone was there to welcome me which was strange no कलश or any आलता for my warm welcome.
Where is everyone?

" Everyone has retired to their rooms move your legs now follow me"shushant said I'm a harsh tone.
I was surprised seeing his behaviour but without saying anything I followed him.
We climbed up the stairs to the first floor and he lead me to a room.
The room was not decorated either.

" Your stuff are in that close  go change in the bathroom." He said

I just looked at him
"Go!"he said louder when he saw I was not moving.

I hurriedly collected the clothes from my suitcase and went inside the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and changed into my comfortable clothes.when I entered back into the room, he was already in his t-shirt and trackpants.
He was sitting on the bed.
He looked at me and came closer to me , I thought he was coming to me but he went past me into the bathroom.

Not knowing what to do I walked upto the window and looked at the moon in the dark sky.

Soon I heard the door opening but he didn't even utter a single word.
I turned around and saw him laying on the bed ,eyes closed and his one hand on his stomach while other on his forehead.
He must have sensed my stare.
His next words shocked me.

"Can you stop staring. I'm tired and your ugly face is irritating me."

Not getting a reply from me he sat up glared at me he took the steel glass which was placed on the side table and threw it at me.
I was lucky enough to bend down at the right time or else it may have hit my face.
My eyes widened and placed my hands on both my ears.

What is he doing? Is he mad?

"Sleep now woman or you will not like the consequences. Next time the object will not miss the target.you better sleep now ..........or wait,... sleep on the floor for that is your place you disgusting bitch" he yelled at me
A single tear rolled down my cheek.
"What?" I whispered in disbelief.
Now his face turned red with anger and he marched upto me and held my upper arm roughly , digging his fingers in my arm. It's painful. it surely will leave a bruise.
Now my tears are flowing continuously.
He pushed me to floor and I put my hands infront of me to prevent my face from hitting the floor.
I turned my head towards him now."shushant what are you doing? you weren't like this!"I yelled.

He came dangerously close to me and took a fistful of my hair and tugged it harshly.
I yelled in pain and caught his fist trying to take his hand away from me, but he is too strong.

"Know your place.you are no body. You are my wife only for name sake. You are just an enemie's daughter. We are married to end the hatred between our fathers. But let me make myself clear,this marriage will not make me stop hating you! don't worry I won't do anything to your papa but you my dear wife will witness hell."
He hissed and pushed me away "now sleep and better not make any sound of crying. And stop those crocodile's tears." He said and turned off the lights.
I remain on floor dare not to make a sound.
I slowly laid down without any pillow or blanket.and closed my eyes.

I cursed my fate. I thought this marriage will bring me out of the hell and now I'm married to the devil himself.
What will happen now?
****************
Words~920
Please hit🌟
And don't forget to comment.✉️

Love
ADITI😄