40.) PARTY~[ii]

"How are you my child?"
He asked me so lovingly.

"I - i am good sir-"

"Sir?! When did i become sir to my daughter in law hmm?

Call me dad just like shushant" he pattet my head and pulled me in a side hug.

I looked nervously at Shushant's mother.

Because that woman was so rude to me and now this man is her total opposite.

She gave me a nervous smile.
As if she was un comfortable under my gaze.

I looked back at the man and smiled at him

"Dad? How are you?"

He smiled so bright.
"I feel so good to finally see you again.
You look just like my siya."

"You know my mumma?"
I asked him confusingly because as far as I know my dad and he are best friends so maybe he knew her before her death and my birth.

Of course i knew her.
She was my best friend.

"Shushant's mother , me Diya and your dad were friends from college.
And Siya was my best friend."

"Arun you didn't told her ?" He asked my father as if mocking him.

While papa just cleared his throat and looked away as if in a guilt as his eyes turned glossy.

But i think that was my imagination.

Because he quickly pulled me in a hug
And patted my head

"Happy Birthday daughter" he whispered.

And it was my turn to chock on a sob.
But soon my stepmother i e. Ma'am snorted and walked away muttering 'what rubbish affection.'

But we ignored her.

Divya and rohan were mingling with moksha and lakshya.

I was walking to them when suddenly Suzy came.

''You want to say something to me? '' she asked with her eyebrows raised.
Clearly hinting that she wanted to know everything she saw outside.

Ignoring the conversation i asked her about the party.

"When was this all even decided. And all theses people? Is there anything special today?"

"Ughh i know you are just  avoiding the question but we'll it was a surprise for us all too
Today Evening after you had left we all recived the invitation.

It's a birthday party of someone special. And the invitation also said that shushant sir hd a very special announcement to make to the whole world."

She said rolling her eyes

"But what were even thinking hugging the boss.
OMG are you his girlfriend or something?
But this is all so Confusing. Shradha I'm your friend ....tell me"
She came closer to me and said in low voice

"Do you even know what all the office people are saying about you . But please ignore them."

And it was then i saw the curious and strange glares people were sending my way.

They were whispering about me fir sure.

I looked back at Suzy and she was looking at me worriedly.

But as I was going to open my mouth to speak

I heard shushant's voice .

His voice was loud firm and clear in the room.

I ran my gaze across the room but i couldn't see him.

"Ladies and gentlemen here
It's the best moment of my life because i finally get to introduce the woman of heart and life."

"She keeps me sane.
Yes we are still trying to know each other but till now whatever I came to know
I concluded that she is the one.........and today is her birthday ...and i want to thank her for just being with me

Happy Birthday my love
Mrs shradha singh Rajput"

And suddenly bright light fell on me

I gasped an sheilded my eyes from the light.

I removed hands away.
And his face came in my view.

He had a Mike in hand and he walked to me

I looked into his eyes and did not realise that there are people around us.

He came to me and held my hands.

And sat down on a knee.

Gasps could be heard.

"Shradha , my only valentine.
I know i did mistakes
But I'm willing to give us a chance. A Chance to prove myself
A Chance to love you.

Will you allow me to live with you? Will you allow me to cherish us together and be with me. I love you."

I had tears in my eyes.
I nodded

And hugged him right. i could hear our siblings cheering for us  and raising toasts.

Shushant pulled back and nudged his forehead with mine

He looked into my eyes and leaned in giving me a kiss on cheeks which was enough to make me go bright crimson.

We looked into each other's eyes and the background around us blurred. It didn't matter that we were standing in the middle of a hall in which a party is being hosted with around thousands of people and we were the centre of attention for all your of them.

"Okay okay, that's enough for now " moksh said bringing us back to reality and we looked everywhere but each other
Shushant just rubbed his nape with his hands nervously and then when he noticed that my eyes are fixed on him, he gave his signature smirk and winked. while I just blushed and rolled my eyes.

"Okay no more teasing, my भाई and भाभी are just so cute."
(Brother and sister in law)

"Lets cut the cake now. I can't wait any more"Divya said coming to our rescue.
"You spoke my mind little sister that's why you are my favourite"Moksh said warping his hands around Divya and flicked his finger in her forehead.
Divya just whinned and while rubbing the spot he just flicked.

"Ow it hurt, lakshya भाई see he hit me"Divya pouted looking at lakhya

"What i didn't hit so hard that you are crying, weakling!" Moksha taunted Divya.
"I'm no weakling " Divya whinned again looking at lakshya asking for his support.

Lakshya finally rolled his eyes and swating mokshya's arm around her and pulled her in his embrace.

"Ofcourse she is not. She is princess"he said warmly and gave his twin a site eye.
Divya childishly showed her tongue to moksh while he just huffed and pouted saying no one loves him and rubbed his hands where he was hit.

This banter seems to amuse Shushant as he chuckled looking at them while pulling me in his embrace.
I just smiled and it was then i noticed Rohan standing alone near us and looking at Divya in amusement and longing.and then his eyes fell on me and he just smiled sadly at me and i know what he was thinking.

So this is how it feels to have a good bond with your siblings which we clearly didn't have.
I returned his smile assuring him that it's fine.

____________

Love
Aditi 💖