14) RETURNING BACK

Shushant and Raghav are going somewhere to chill for some bro chilling time and tagging along with them because they have have to drop me at my father's place for पग फेरे

(Pag phera ceremony is a very small ceremony which is done by the bride or you can say that it is a small family reunion of few hours in which the bride comes to her home (mayka) just after her wedding to make sure that her parents are happy and healthy)

Ah I'm sure my family is happy after I'm not there anymore.

More or less shushant agreed when his mother asked him to drop me.

The ride is being awfully awkward.
I'm sitting in the back seat with raghav and shushant on passenger and driver sit respectively.

One man, whom I hate and the other who hates me. Hate triangle.

Soon the car stopped infront of our destination and shushant turned to her.
"I will come get you tomorrow evening. You can stay tonight with your family."

I nodded at him and opened my mouth to ask to invite him inside but later chose not to because I don't want Raghav's negativity inside my house when already one is inside who is talented enough to spoil my mood.

She stepped down the car and waved bye to shushant which he didn't returned insted Raghav gave an evil smile waving his fingers at her.

Don't know why but but at that point I had a strange feeling in my stomach. I didn't like shushant being with him alone knowing how Raghav is a poisonous snake in the form of a friend.

But Before I could anything the car drove away.

I turned to the mansion an went inside welcomed by silence with no one to welcome her.

I went further inside and stood infront of her father's office.
I knocked and went inside after hearing a come in by his father's dominating voice.

Mr Ajay Kapoor looked up from his files and noticed Shraddha.
A smile instantly formed on his face

"Papa" I said and bent down to touch his feet for blessings.

He touched her head and said "bless you my child" stroking her head.

It was the first time papa is looking at me with some affection or maybe the second time first being my wedding day.

Tears made their way into my eyes after all this is what I have been craving for such a long time but the feeling was cut short sure to the sudden entry of someone.
We turned around to find my stepmother with a fake a smile. I looked back to my father and his expressions were back to ice cold.

She made her way to me and smiled an extra sweet smile.

"Hello my daughter how are you. You didn't call me. You totally forgot me after going to your in-laws. Huh?"
Suddenly she hugged me

"Dare not say a thing to in laws remember"she whispered in my ears which send shivers down my spine.
Nodding my head I stepped back and hung my head low

"I'll go prepare dinner"
I murmured and closed the door behind me but suddenly what I heard surprised me.
Papa and the witch were arguing. Whatever the spoke was not clear but they were arguing for sure. It was the first time I was hearing them arguing.

As I was in the kitchen preparing dinner Rohan came in.
He took a water bottle from the refrigerator but when he noticed me he stopped and gave me a smile.

Okay....

This was a first in years.
I still remember the time when we use play together and laugh together but he was sent to boarding school for 2 years after his 10th boards exams and when he returned after his 12th boards exam. He was different.
He ignored me all the time.
I still miss him.

I returned his smile and then suddenly when I put raw vegetables into the pan some of the hot oil came in contact with my hand.

"shit" I mently cursed the oil

But soon Rohan was by my side and held my hand and dragged me towards the washbasin and put my hand below the running water.

"What the hell shradha!where was your mind? See now you have burnt your hand."
He snapped , his eyebrows were furrowed with concern.

But when he looked up at my face he sighed
"Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing"I shook my head and continued smiling

He didn't said anything and dragged me to his room after he asked a maid to prepare rest of the dinner.

And then he he makes me sit on his bed and brought a first aid kit

I have entered his room after so long, not much changed but what caught my attention was a photo frame kept on his bed side table.
A photo of us taken on his 15th birthday just before he went to a boarding school

Did he missed me too?

🍁➖➖➖🌸➖➖➖🍁
Hey people after so long huh!
Missed me?🤗
Anyways hope you enjoyed

And next chapter will a little tough for shradha
Oh my god what is going to happen with her 🤔

Now the next update may be after 2 weeks because
My exam date has been released i.e. 12 September
So ..........yeah
Love ya❤️
ADITI