Chapter 4

"Thanks, Dad."

Holly mumbled softly. She wrapped her arms back around her father, returning his hug.

"Awe, what a loving father-daughter combo. Makes me tear up." Scarlett cried out with a fake sniffle, taking Holly's plate and walking to the kitchen to put it in the wink.

"Dad?" Holly murmured once she thought Scarlett was out of earshot.

"Yes, Pumpkin?"

"How long do I have to wait to kill Scarlett again?"

"No." Howard said, pulling back to look Holly in the eyes.

"But, Dad!"

"I said no!"

"Stop trying to kill me!!" Scarlett yelled from the kitchen.
"I'm getting sick of it."

"Well, naturally." Holly yelled back. "I'm pretty sure most people would be sick of death!"

"I-" Scarlett started, walking back towards the others.

"Dad!"

"I'm sorry, Darling, but you walked right into that." Howard shrugged.

Scarlett groaned. "God, I hate it here."

"We love you too, Scar." Holly said, pulling her sister into the hug, which Scarlett gratefully returned.

Howard sighed wistfully. "You guys know I love you, right?"

The sisters pulled back simultaneously, bombarding their dad with questions.

"Yeah, why?"

"Did you hook up with someone?"

"You didn't do drugs or anything like that, did you?"

"Did you kill someone?"

"Girls." Howard muttered, his words falling on deaf ears as the two yelled out in unison.

"Oh my god, he's dying!"

"Girls!" Howard exclaimed exasperatedly, causing both of them to shut up temporarily.

"I did not hook up with anyone, I didn't do any drugs, I didn't kill anyone, and I'm not dying!"

The two stayed slilent, giving Howard room to continue.

"Are y'all done?"

"Well..." Holly started, looking up in the thought before glancing back at the others. "Nah, I'm all dry. Scar?"

"Did you break a family heirloom?"

"I'm done with you guys." Howard cries out, throwing his hands up in the air in defeat while walking away. 

"Wait! Dad!" Holly calls out, her and Scarlett following the older out the room.

"Nope! It's over! I give up! I'm moving on!" Howard said, pretending to walk out the door.

"Dad wai- Argh!"

Scarlett cried, falling onto her knees while pure pain took over everything she ever knew.

"Huh? Scarlett!" Howard called out, although both his voice and his footsteps as he rushed towards her were faint, and growing further fast.

"M-m-my H-head.." Scarlett whimpered, clutching said body part with her hands, eyes screwed shut.

"Just breathe, Darling. Just breathe.."

The pain increased every passing second, as Scarlett forced air into her aching lungs.