Chapter 9

"Ow!!"

It all happened so fast. Scarlett looked down at her hand that was clenched into a fist.

'When did that happen?' She thought curiously.

She looked up to find Jake clutching his cheek, his lip bleeding while Juila consoled him. The feeling in her arm had come back, pain suddenly pounding in rhythm with her heartbeat.

It was when Jake spat out a bloodied tooth, it hitting the floor with a tiny thud when she realized what she did.

She had punched Jake.

Blinking furiously for a moment, she quickly came back to her senses.

"Oh my God, Jake! I am so sorry!" Apologies spilled from her mouth as she walked towards the male, stopping abruptly when he stumbled back.

"Sweetie! Are you okay? Why were you just gonna take that man coming so close to you?! You could've been hurt!!"

Scarlett was even more confused. 
'Mom? Was that you? Didn't I tell you to leave?!'

"That's not the point! The point is, that boy could've harmed you!"

'Mom..'

"I mean, I thought that it's common sense not to let a stranger come near you! I don't even want to know how he got in the house!"

'Ma, if I could just-'

"I swear,  what is wrong with Howard, letting a random man come into the house!?"

"He's my boyfriend, Mother!" Scarlett thought as hard as she could, panting softly.

"What?" Through her panting, she heard three voices mutter at the same time.

She nearly facepalmed as she realized she wasn't the only person in the room.

And she'd just spoke out loud.

"Crap.." She muttered, sighing as she inadvertently walked right into the one thing she was trying to avoid. 

     ₩|¤___________________¤|₩

"So let me get this straight." Jake and Samantha said in unison after around an hour of a confused game of telephone.

She had decided to leave out the murder part of it, thinking that would just be the icing on the cake of supposed make-believe.

"Please, one at a time." Scarlett murmured, despite knowing that there was no way that the other could tell. She placed a hand over her head and leaned back, already feeling the inevitable migraine coming on.

Although, the feeling was short lived, as it receded almost as soon as it started.

'Thanks.'

"Don't thank me yet, young lady. You still have some explaining to do."

'What else could I explain to you? These guys found out you were still alive in a way, and you don't see them all-'

"Ouch! Jules, give me a warning next time!" Jake exclaimed, flinching away from said female.

"Hey, it's not my fault!" Juila exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest after putting supplies back in the first aid kit Scarlett had gotten. "Scar's the one who falcon-punched ya!"

The Family MissionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara