Chapter 2

Ryan's POV

.

.

.

It was already 9 in the morning when I woke up. I walked into my room and wasn't surprised to see it empty. Savvy had left for her trip and Gracie must have cleaned it up later. Without bothering about her last night's behavior, I got ready.

I walked back into my room when I was done with breakfast. I took out my suitcase to pack the necessary things for the trip. I took out my things while Gracie helped me to pack them. While she was busy packing, I looked outside the window, remembering the days when Brownie used to help me with the packing.

..

"Ryan?? How many outfits do you want me to pack?", she asked as I flipped through the pages of my file.

"Brownie, you know how long the trip is going to be so pack according to that", I said without bothering to look up from the file.

"Alright, alright! But at least have a look at the things I'm keeping and where I am keeping them otherwise all you'll do is be on call with me, asking me about your things", she chuckled.

I closed the file and turned around to look at her while she was busy analyzing the outfits which would suit me. I walked up to her, grabbed her arm from behind and turned her around. She crashed into my chest with her eyes shot wide open.

 She crashed into my chest with her eyes shot wide open

I looked right into her eyes.

"Is there a problem if I call you all the time?", my voice came out husky while inching closer to her face. She looked fazed and intimidated by my sudden gesture.

"N..No, I mean.. you know.. you won't be.. able to work", she looked flushed at the proximity between us.

I liked the effect my presence had on her and I loved teasing her about that. I couldn't hold my laugh anymore and burst out!

She was taken aback for a moment as the sudden realization hit her.

"Ha ha ha! Had the time of your life, isn't it?", she retorted while placing her hands on her waist, trying her best to hide the embarrassment.