Chapter 18

I Don't Ever Want Us To Part Our Ways....

.

.

.

"From today onwards, I need you to give me all the medicinal schedule and whatever needs to be taken care of",Ryan ordered as soon as we got back home. "Gracie will be with you 24*7, in the house and out, no questions asked!", he stated straight away.

"But at least listen to m.."

"I'm not open to any negotiations!", he raised his hand to silence me all at once.

Gracie stood right next to him and he told her about everything and what needs to be done. She was assigned as my full time nurse.

"Ryan you got to listen to me! I didn't take any medicines then how in the freaking world is it possible to go on a high doze?", I kept saying because honestly, I was more than scared for both us. For a moment, I would be fine with something happening to me, but to my girl?

Never in a million years!

"How am I supposed to know about that? Did you let me take care of you? Did you tell me about your allergies and the different medicines you had to take for different thing? No, right! Then ask this question to yourself!", with that said, he storm...

"How am I supposed to know about that? Did you let me take care of you? Did you tell me about your allergies and the different medicines you had to take for different thing? No, right! Then ask this question to yourself!", with that said, he stormed out of the room.

I sat there, weeping, as I didn't know how to tell him.

He wasn't even ready to listen to me. All he was doing was playing the blame game when all he should be doing is finding about the medicine and when did I get a high dose of it!!

"Shhh.. Relax Jenny..", Gracie came over to me and sat right next to me. "It's ok.. you have to understand him, dear", she said as she hugged me tightly. "You both are all he's got! I've seen him go through worse so it's quite normal that he's so protective over you", she whispered into my ears.

"But.. But why won't he listen to me?????", I stammered between the sobs. "Why would I want to harm this baby??", I pulled away from her.

"Maybe just maybe you took an extra pill by mistake. It's quite possible after all you've been through a lot, lately", she tried to drill into my brain.

"That is quite the possibilityHowever.. you know I did..didn't take any medicine after coming back!", I reasoned.

"Alright.. alright, little girl.. You need to calm down", she said, wiping off the tears from my face. "Crying and being sad is not good for the baby. You need to be happy, okay?", she looked me straight in the eyes as she leaned in.

"Hmm", I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"I'll get you something to eat", she said as she rose to her feet to leave the room. "And", she turned around. "Give him some time. He'll come around because you know", she left the sentence hanging and left the room.