Chapter 12

Bitter Sweet Memories

.

.

Ryan's POV

.

Soon, we were standing at the airport of our hometown. Brownie stood right next to me and I could sense the nervousness in her body language. I knew she didn't want to come as it was totally against her wish but I couldn't just comply. I had to bring her along.

After all, she had made me the happiest man on this earth!

So now, it was on me to give her all the happiness she had lost once, because of me!

I gave her a side glance while she was busy staring right in front of her, at someone, she didn't know was coming to pick us up. Well, the other person also didn't know that they were coming for us. Looking at her intense face, I interlocked our hands, gaining her attention.

"Ready?", I asked as I looked into her green orbs.

"More than ever!", she said with the newly found confidence as she looked back at the person standing a few feet away from us.

"Arnieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!", Brownie screamed, gaining attention of not just her best friend but also everyone around us.

I looked at her and narrowed my eyes as she squeezed my hand. And then, we saw the excited and surprised Arnie running towards us with the biggest smile I had ever seen on her!

"Jennnyyyyyyyyy!!!!!", she said before the two of them crashed into each other. They hugged for the longest time I could remember while I stood there, watching my crazy, little Brownie, chuckling and crying at the same time.

"Ohhh my God!!!!!!! I'm seeing you after so long!!!!!!!", Brownie said as they pulled away.

"Shit man!!! It's been so long!!! I missed you so much, Jenny!!!!", Arnie replied with equal enthusiasm.

"But how come you're here? Came to pick us up???", Brownie bumped her shoulder into Arnie's as they tried to calm down.

It was then that the two of them noticed me standing near them. They smiled at while Brownie's face was covered with confusion.

"This big man, standing right next to us called me about an hour ago. He told me he wanted help with some of his clients who were coming today. Initially, I didn't agree but eventually I had to because Harry works with him and being his wife, he's my boss, too", she said, pointing towards me when she spoke about her indirect boss. "I was just looking for them when I suddenly heard you call my name!!! And there you were, standing right next to him!!!", she said and they both hugged again.

"Thank you, Ryan! I'm glad you brought her back! Never been more contented than today, with you!", Arnie expressed her happiness.

I had decided to call Arnie to surprise both of them. I knew Brownie would be really stressed about meeting everyone which could eventually affect the baby. Therefore, I thought of calling Arnie who was the only person for now who could release her of all the stress and anxiety.