Chapter 19

Some Habits Are Meant For Ever.....

.

.

I jumped out of fear upon hearing the deep voice that came from right behind me, making the book fall on the ground with a loud 'THUDDD'

"Oh good lord!!!", I breathed out as I tried to calm my racing heart beats. "You scared THE HELL OUT OF ME!", I whisper yelled.

"I'm sorry, Brownie. I didn't mean to startle you", he said, trying to suppress a chuckle.

"Then what else did you expect from me at the stunt you just pulled", I placed my hands on my hips, shifting my body weight from leg to another.

"I heard your door open. I peeped through mine as I saw you carefully tiptoeing somewhere. Well, curiosity got the best of me and I followed you", he shrugged.

"Oh! I was trying not to wake anyone up but looks like, God had other plans", I pursed my lips, looking up at the Gods above

Ryan smiled and came up to me, with his hands dug into his pockets.

"So, Sherlock? Why are you up till now?", I asked as I tried to bend down to pick up the book.

Oh why in the world do I forget that I'm not that flexible anymore?

Apparently, my failed attempts amused Ryan as he stood right in front of me, chuckling at my misery.

"What are you waiting for, Christmas?", I snapped as I placed my hands on my waist and gestured towards the book.

He came closer to me, really close as he looked right into my eyes. Then his eyes shifted to my lips and then back at my eyes.

Did I Did I just witness him looking at me???? Lustfully???

"Waiting for you to call my name. in need", he breathed on my lips.

Oh God!!! HE did not just create a moment between us!! What is happening to me? Why am I getting so worked up about it?

It's just a joke, isn't it?

Gradually, he backed up, creating some distance between us as he bent down pick the book. The whole time, my eyes followed his every move. He was wearing grey sweats with nothing on top. That made him look dangerously hot!!!

Too hot for his own good!