Chapter 5

Jennifers POV

.

.

Last night was really something. I didnt expect to meet him..again. It's been so long and after all this while, I was finally getting back to the normal 'new' when he, suddenly out of where, had to turn up.

But what was he doing out all by himself, that too in such a wasted state?

My eyes welled up when I thought about all the things that happened last night.. and the last time we met. The tears threatened to fall down when I was disturbed by the sudden pain that kicked in.

"Ouch!!!", I clutched my belly as I felt her kicking.

Yes, it was a baby girl.

I shut my eyes as the pain kicked in again, and this time, a little worse than before.

"Hold it in baby I know you don't like mommy crying..", I cooed as I roamed my hand over my swollen belly.

The pain subsided when I cooed a little more and started whispering good things to her. I looked down and smiled at myself, knowing that she was definitely going to be my angel.

The moment that I was sharing with my daughter was suddenly disturbed by the doorbell. I slowly got up from the chair and walked up to the door, knowing very well who it might be.

I opened the door, only to be faced by a man smiling ear-to-ear with a basket in his hand.

"Good morning, baby momma", he smirked.

"Good morning, Jay!", I said shaking my head at another endearment he used for me. Ever since, we found out about the pregnancy, he'd been using different endearments for me. They sound stupid sometimes but other times they sound encouraging and sweet.

"What brings you here this morning, Jay?", I asked as I stepped aside to let him in.

"Well, I made some pancakes for Tiana so thought.. maybe someone else would like them, too!", he said, placing the basket on the table.

"Thanks Jay, but you didn't have to do that. I was anyways about to make some for myself", I said sitting down on the chair while he helped me.

"Don't act so formal, stupid lady! You know I had to make you try these!!!", he said, removing the cloth from the basket. The smell of the freshly made blueberry pancakes hit my nose, making my stomach rumble.

"Ummmmmm.. they smell so good!!", I said sniffling them as he placed some on my plate.

I heard him chuckled at my expression while I burst into fits.

"You're crazy, little mommy! Now eat before the baby eats you up!", he said as he passed me the cutlery.

I sliced it and bit into the food, savoring the perfect flavor of blueberry mixed with cream and maple syrup.