Chapter 3

There goes his heart....

.

.

.

My ears heated up and anxiety got the best of me. I stood up from my seat while I looked at the lady laughing with the little girl as they played with the cake.

Yes! It was her!!!!! It had to be her.

My brain was not tricking me.

I knew it was her.

How could I forget that contagious laugh that made me so happy, those eyes that bulged out of their sockets when I looked into them, that smile that made my heart flutter with happiness?

YES, IT WAS HER!!!!

JENNIFER!

MY BROWNIE!!!!!

"Sir, where are you going?", my assistant called out to me. I turned around to look at her and the others seated on the table. It was then I realized that I was walking toward the table where the celebration was happening. My steps faltered when I looked back at the table and a happy family.

 My steps faltered when I looked back at the table and a happy family

Jennifer had a family??? She re-married???

All those thought were rushing into my mind, making me go crazy!!!

I looked back at my colleagues and then at her, then back at them.

"Sorry everyone but I need to rest. You all have fun", with that said, I turned around on my heels and left the place.

.

.

.

.

It was 3 in the morning but I was still shifting in my bed. I couldn't get her out of my mind. She looked so happy with her new family. She also had a daughter!! The smile on her lips, the happiness in her eyes, the giddiness in her body language, I couldn't get that out of my mind.

Finally, I got up and held my head in my hands.

Why can't I get you out of my mind?????

I grabbed my phone from the side table and scrolled through the pictures in my gallery, until I reached hers. I swiped through her pictures while each one of them brought back the memories that we shared.

I wanted to call her, talk to her, ask about her, yell at her for leaving me alone but how could I? How could I do all that when I had done so bad with her.

I threw the phone on the bed and lay back down on the bed, staring into the space. I put my hands under my head while our memories surfaced into my mind. I don't know how long I kept thinking about her before my alarm went off.