Troublemakers at work

(y/n)'s POV:

I woke up rather early today and so does my some of my cats. I look at the time and saw that it's time for Blueberry and Smiley's daily painkillers. So, I promptly went and get them to take the painkillers. Then, I move on to clean and reapply a new layer of ointment for my cats. I'm currently working on Dragon, "Okay, stay still Dragon. Imma apply the ointment." but I apply the ointment on Dragon's injury I get a phone call. I pause and then check the caller. It's my coworker. I answer the phone and put it on speaker as I resume on tending Dragon.

"Hey."

"Hey (y/n)."

The unexpected loud voice coming from my phone spooked the shit out of some of my cats. Even Dragon visibly flinched. I held back a laugh.

"So, whatsup?"

"Uh, so our boss got back yesterday and I just recently received a text from him telling me to reopen the café."

After finishing up with Dragon, I gave him a light tap, signaling him that I was done. Dragon lick the back of my hand before walking away. Now, I'm dealing with Cotton.

"So, we're back on duty?"

"Yep."

"Ayt cool, I'll see you there."

"Wait, before you hang up. There's something I got to tell ya."

"What is it?"

"Don't you find it weird that our boss would disappear every now and then? Like, sure I won't pry into his personal business and all but it's just.... something doesn't feel right y'know?"

She's not wrong. Nowadays, our boss would be gone at least once a month. There were even times he comes back looking slightly insane. But we never question it. Well, I did once but he snapped back, "None of your business! Now get back to work!" he would say.

"Yeah, I feel you."

" *Sigh* Thanks for listening. It's just, it's been bugging me for a while y'know."

"No problemo. See ya at work?"

"Yeah. Goodbye."

"Bye."

Then I hang up. I hear Cotton meow, I look at him and Cotton tilt his head. I gave a small lopsided smile, "Wondering what's that all about? Well, long story short, my boss has been acting strange these days."

"You're going back to work today?" I hear my dad say as I then see him coming in from the hallway. "Yep! Ya know I gotta start makin' that cash money." Then my dad randomly and dramatically said, "Sweetiepie, money can't buy happiness.-" I quickly retort back, "Dad I'm literally going broke just from taking care of my cats." I swiftly turn to my cats, "No offense to y'all, I love you guys." I hear some meows. Then, I feel a sudden pressure on my head vigorously ruffling my hair, "Now now there nothing wrong with a little reminder every now and then." I decided to tease him, "Then, is that what you do every morning infront of the mirror?"

My dad trap me in a headlock while I hysterically laugh.

"Haha! Take that! Ya got nothin' on me dad!" My dad pout, "This is bullying.." I chuckle, "C'mon dad, it's just a game. You even beat me in the last one!" I quickly glance at the clock.

Ah shit! I'm late!

"Uuuh! Dad! Can you please feed the cats? I have to get going now!" I said as I rush to my room to change into my work clothes. I walk over to my backpack which was oddly ajar but I pay it no mind and quickly zip it close, then swing it over my shoulders, "Is it me or is it slightly heavier....oh well." I jog out of my room and to the front door with my dad standing close by to see me off. I proceed to give my dad some extra instructions, "Dad, if Bolt gives you those doe eyes of his after you feed him. Don't. Give in." My dad grin, "You can trust me sweetiepie." I kiss him on the cheek and run towards the café.