Taking Charge

Z23: Kommandantin! Kommandantin!!

Hood: H-huh?!

She snapped awake at the sound of Z23 banging on the door, as well as the shouts of her title.

After the day on the beach, the group all went inside and split off to do what they needed to do. For Hood, that was paperwork which was, unfortunately, quite numerous.

Hood: Come in!

She looked out the window as Z23 entered, noticing the orange glow of the sun.

Hood: It's morning?!

Z23: Kommandantin, I'm sorry to interrupt you so abruptly, but we have a Siren fleet dangerously close to our shores!

Hood shook off all her exhaustion from waking up, looking at Z23 as the destroyer stood at attention.

Hood: If that's the case...how large is the fleet?

Z23: We don't know yet, but the fleet was large enough that at least a medium sized fleet will be needed

Hood: Thank you for telling me, you're dismissed

Z23 saluted(not the Nazi one) and left the room, leaving Hood alone to plan out her next move.

Hood: A Siren fleet near the shores...a land bombardment could catch them by surprise, but when that wears off it's goodnight to those on shore...

...

She stood up and put away her finished paperwork, putting her coat back on and making sure her eyepatch doesn't look sloppy.

Hood: I'm going to need to gather some big hitters, and Bismarck is the first on that list
——

Hood: Welcome girls! I hope you slept well cause I sure as hell didn't!

While that first line confused the group, Bismarck was more worried than anything.

Hood: Today I gathered you five here for an important mission, as our shores are under threat of an attack by the Sirens!

Leipzig: That's not good...

Peter: Absolutely not. Kommandantin, are the ones here going out to take them down?

Hood: Yes. Peter, you're the carrier support. Bismarck is with you and Leipzig, Spee, and Mainz are the Vanguard

Mainz: Quite a line up we have here, but who is the assigned Flagship?

Hood smiled and took her officer's cap off, letting her hair run free.

Hood: Me, I'll be leading this fight and assisting out in the field once again, just like old times

...

"WHAT?!"

Spee: Kommandantin, are you sure that is okay?

Hood: As calm as ever Spee, and yes it is. I've sat and directed you all to fight for long enough. It's time I took to the front again as well

Bismarck: Are you sure you want to do this?

Hood: I'll be fine Bismarck, and I'll have you and Peter here in case we do come under fire

Bismarck still seemed apprehensive, but Hood gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder to reassure her.

Leipzig: When do we head out?

Hood: Now, if we go quick enough, we'll be home before dinner

Leipzig: Yes! Eating a warm dinner after a fight is the best!