2.<3

Once Liam was asleep he was transported from the back of the SUV to a garden. Looking around he saw every type of flower imaginable. They were so large though, he knew that this place couldn’t have been real; roses as big as his head, daisies that looked like small trees and ivy that grew high into the sky while gripping onto tall brick walls.

Taking a few gentle steps in the soft grass, Liam could hear a faint voice that carried along in the wind. He had heard the words before but the voice was new to him.

“six, seven, eight…

Each step is a challenge for my soul

Counting back to where we met

Eleven, ten, nine…”

“Hello,” Liam called as he rounded a corner of the garden where he thought he heard the voice from.

“One, two, three

One, two, three

I only can remember

The way you used to feel against me

Yet here I am counting down

Reaching until you find me again”

The voice continued as Liam found himself weaving through a maze as the garden grew until finally he saw a figure stooped over a trench at the base of one of the walls. It was a womanly figure, dressed in a light color sheer top and khaki shorts, and had long flowing caramel waves that hit her shoulder blades.

“Hello,” Liam said again as he began to step closer to the girl, “Who are you?” He asked curiously before watching as the girl turned quickly and looked over her shoulder at Liam in her crouching position.

“Hello,” the girl replied as she looked up at Liam who was rather startled by the girl’s eyes; one green and one blue and they were flecked with amber and browns, it was like nothing he had ever seen before. “Glad you came, Liam.” Her accent through him off being not of the normal British tones he had been used to hearing; it was thick with American cues. She smiled as she stood up and being a good head shorter than Liam she walked closer to him as he stared at the girl.

“Stella?” He asked quietly, “Stella McBride, from the magazine?” He asked in astonishment. He had had dreams about girls before, but never ones from magazines or authors for that matter. He felt his lips tug into a smile when she nodded in affirmation of his guess.

“The same.” She replied as she lifted her hand and pulled him to the trench where she was kneeling a moment ago, “Come on, we’re gardening.” She told him as she got on her knees again in the dirt and went to place a small bundle of poppies into a hole she had dug.

“A garden, huh? Interesting choice; it says quite a bit about your subconscious.” She murmured as she grabbed some fresh dirt with her hands and began to gently pack it around the freshly planted flowers.

Liam watched quietly as Stella planted the flowers with care in “his” garden, his face slightly contorted as Stella spoke to him. “I’m sorry, I am rather confused.” He said sadly, a half smile on his face.

Stella looked up at him with her one eye, the green one, and smirked at him. “It’s gardening, Liam. It’s your dream; you know how to do this.” She laughed as she handed him a spade so that he could dig another hole. “Go on,” she encouraged with a large smile. Liam looked at her for a moment and studied her face. The small photo he saw of her in the magazine was in black and white and didn’t show all the detail that he was seeing before him. He must’ve made up certain aspects of Stella in order to see her the way he was seeing her now.