3.<3

Stella woke with the smell of flowers in her nose, she found this strange since she rarely kept fresh cut flowers in her room since it was always so dark, nothing ever stayed alive long enough for her to enjoy it. She let her eyes flutter open and sighed deeply realizing that the scent lingered from her dream. She found it strange that she was in a garden with Liam, she usually was the one controlling the dreams; it was the perk of being a lucid dreamer. She knew when she was dreaming and could control what happened within the dreamscape.

This time it was different, she had little control over the dream and though it wasn’t a nightmare the abnormality of it struck her deeply. Sitting up in her bed, Stella reached over to a small, white, bedside table and pulled out a brown leather journal. The pages were slightly yellowed and the entire book was bound with a simple piece of twine. With her forehead scrunched together she untied the book and grabbed a pen that was stuck inside as a marker. She uncapped it with her teeth, keeping the cap pressed between her jaws as she gnawed on the plastic, the pen quickly writing against the page.

May 14th, 2013 – the garden

I was in a garden with varying sized flowers, some large, some exceptionally small. There were weeds and ivy and large brick walls. I was planting poppies when Liam Payne came into the garden and I realized it was his garden, not mine. I knew everything about the garden and what it meant to him, this obviously scared him because he almost sent me to the other side of the dreamscape. There was a fountain that was dried and in disrepair, I started to walk deeper into the garden but when I turned around to look for him, he was gone. He must’ve waked up and this sent me out of the dreamscape. That’s when I woke up.

Once the dream was written down Stella replaced the cap on the pen and placed it back inside the book. She tied it back up in the simple twine and placed it on the bedside table. It was like a ritual to her now; she wrote down every dream if she could and even some daydreams if she was around her journal. It was important to her to document these dreams because they often would become the inspiration for her writing. If you didn’t write down your dreams right when you wake up you may forget them, and Stella never wanted to forget.

Looking at her clock on the wall she realized that she needed to be back at the daycare center for a shift. She jumped from her bed and quickly scurried back and forth across her floor as she picked out some clothes that didn’t smell too horrible and began to change. After a few moments she was in front of a full length mirror as she pulled her hair into a messy bun and pulled a thick headband on to hold the smaller curls that wanted to escape from their entrapment.

She quickly skipped into the small bathroom and stuck a toothbrush in her mouth after covering it with a bit of toothpaste and brushed vigorously before spitting out the foam into the sink. Rinsing her mouth out quickly, Stella caught a glimpse of her eyes in the mirror in front of her and wiped her face. The mismatched pair of irises stared back at her and haunted her slightly. She sometimes got a bit down about her eyes they were the cause of ridicule for her when she was younger but now they set her further apart from the other girls and made her unique.

Stella shook herself from her daze and quickly made it out of the bathroom and across the basement floor to grab her purse and head out the door. Once up the small set of stairs, she dug around her large purse to pull out a set of keys to her car. Once she started up her old civic, Annalise, music began blaring from the speakers. It was none other than Liam beginning to sing the opening lines to ‘Live While We’re Young,’ and she couldn’t deny the smile on her face after the dream she had.

“Oh, what will I do with you, Liam?” She asked herself quietly before driving off to the daycare center with a little more haste than usual. Her choice to speed a bit faster than normal got her to work on time. As she walked in and clocked in for the morning she saw one of her favorite girls squealing over her cellphone.