9.<3

Passport: check.

Cellphone: check.

Chargers for electronics: check.

Clothes: check.

iPod: check.

Four annoying boys: check.

Liam was standing in the security checkpoint line at the airport, his shoes, belt, and jacket already off and in a small tub that was being sent through the conveyor belt to be x-rayed. He could hear the boys behind him laughing and messing around which was not helping his unsteady nerves.

“Guys, we don’t have time for this!” Liam scolded; his stare intense as he looked at each member of his band and watched as they all backed down and began to pull off their shoes and belts. Satisfied with their change in demeanor, Liam moved through the metal detector and continued on to gather his belongings as they exited the scanner.

The rest of the boys followed behind Liam and they all headed towards their gate. Liam held his jacket over his arm and his backpack slung over his shoulder. They could all sense the nervousness that Liam was putting himself through and as his friends they felt compelled to help him in any way that they could.

Since the confession about Stella, Liam took the time to tell the boys about the dreams he had been having and introduced them to her writing. They all agreed that her writing was good, but they were still confused on why Liam was dreaming so frequently about her. It all seemed too convenient that they were planning a vacation to southern California before their tour. None of them realized that Stella was based in San Diego; it wasn’t until they saw the picture of the girls from Stella’s daycare that they realized just where Stella had been located.

Once Liam knew that Stella was close enough to meet while on vacation it was all he could talk about, or think about. Sometimes the boys grew tired of hearing about Stella. Stella this and Stella that. Were they this bad when they liked a girl?

“Hey, we have some time before the flight let’s stop and get a pint, yeah?” Niall asked as he saw the soft glow of a few neon signs in the distance. His long arm lifted and pointed out the pub that was just down the way from their gate.

“Good plan, maybe it’ll help Liam relax for the flight!” Zayn replied as he looked at Harry, his eyes big and a smile plastered to his face.

“I’m in,” Harry toned as Louis just grabbed Liam’s arm and started to pull him towards the bar and sat him down in between himself and Harry.

“Looks like I’m having a drink,” Liam grumbled as he set his things down once Louis let go of his arm. He shot the boys all a tense look before Niall ordered a round of drinks for all of them.

“You need to loosen up, man. You’re about to explode!” Harry said with a laugh as he reached over with his hand and ran his finger down a vein in Liam’s neck that protruded slightly under his skin.

Liam stared at the beer that was placed in front of him and soon a shot of Jameson came running up with it. The guys were all smiles as they lifted the shot glass, their eyes turning towards Liam and stared into him until he reached for it and raised it with the others.

“To the start of a great vacation!” Zayn cheered.

“And to Stella!” Niall added.

“To Stella!” The boys echoed which was followed by the sound of the shot glasses clinking together and slamming down on the bar top. The men reached for their beers and drank down some of the liquid before letting out a hearty laugh.

After the shot and a bit of his beer Liam seemed to relax a bit more, his shoulders eased and the vein Harry had pointed out was now hidden back under his skin. Niall ordered another round of shots and once that was taken the whole group was more relaxed and was right back at teasing each other and acting as if nothing was wrong.