14.<3

Liam was taking his time inspecting Stella’s eyes as he stood in the hallway. He searched deeply into the blue eye; the color was rich and soulful, nothing was hidden from him. As his eyes moved to look at the opposite green eye he smiled, the light tone reminded him her spirit and earthy disposition. Paired together Stella’s eyes were unstoppable, able to break into anyone’s soul and find their weaknesses. The amazing thing about Stella was that she used those vulnerabilities to make you trust her; she used her powers for good not evil.

“Liam,” Stella breathed as she kept hold of his hands. “Can we talk about this later?” She asked quietly, “I feel like the room is spinning and I need to sit and process this.” She looked up at him desperately; his face was full of confusion. It was obvious that this conversation should not be held in the bathroom door of a tattoo shop.

“Is she alright?” Billy shouted down the hallway, the buzz of the tattoo gun humming in the background.

“Yeah,” Liam shouted back, “Poor bird ate too much pizza. She’s good now.” He looked at Stella and gave her a small smile before listening for Billy’s response.

“Take her upstairs, there’s a couch she can lay down on.” Billy called back, “Once I’m done with Zayn, Stells, you can go home!”

Stella was relieved that Liam lied so expertly to Billy; after all, Liam was the last one she’d expect a lie from. She felt Liam’s hands drop from her face but kept hold of her hand, pulling her gently down the hallway.

Stella followed Liam silently, her face a pale green as she walked past Billy and Zayn. As she passed by the front doors to get to the staircase her vision was blurred by a sudden flash. Groaning, Stella’s hand squeezed Liam’s tightly as her body staggered closer to him.

“Really?! They found out we were here?” Liam growled as he looked over at Zayn, giving him a dirty glare before he saw the figure of a man standing at the front door of the shop, camera in hand. The man looked through the glass and made a few adjustments to his camera before he started shooting again.

“Come on Stella,” he mumbled as he placed Stella in front of him and eased the girl up the steps slowly. In the background, he could hear the silent clicks of the camera going off behind the glass causing Liam’s temper to flare. The vein in his neck protruding just slightly beneath the skin, he couldn’t believe that Stella would have to deal with this so soon.

Stella took each step carefully, she didn’t want to rush up the staircase but she also could tell that Liam was growing tense. The hand he held on the small of her back was spread wide across her spine and though he wasn’t pushing on her she could feel the urgency. She felt her body sway slightly as she reached the top step and Liam was behind her immediately, his hand now at her hip steadying her.

“To the couch,” He commanded softly as he spotted the black leather sofa that sat at the far corner of the loft. You could still be seen but it was better than the full view the photographer was getting downstairs while Zayn’s tattoo was being done.

Stella was doing her best to not cry as her body relaxed against the cool leather of the sofa. She pressed her cheek against the arm of the couch and let out a deep breath as tried her calm herself. The couch dipped suddenly as Liam sat down in the empty space where her body curved. His large hand pushed back some of her hair and looked down worryingly at her.

“You okay, love?” He asked quietly.

Liam didn’t want to push Stella into talking more about the dreams but he couldn’t deny how intrigued he was about it. Had she been dreaming of him this whole time? Were they connected in some strange way? Liam was so eager to hear her speak; he had such a small knowledge about dreams and wanted to hear what she thought about the situation.