17.<3

The funny thing about dreams is that they are always are trying to tell you something. Your mind works in mysterious ways giving you messages when you are in the deepest states of unconsciousness, hoping that you understand what they mean when you wake. Sometimes it’s your subconscious giving you what you always wildly desired; granting all the wishes your heart has made. Other times it’s warning you, the things you wished for may not be all they seem.  

Your mind tends to forget dreams within a few moments after waking up. Unless you train yourself to remember those deep-seated messages you may never catch what you’ve been trying to tell yourself. For some people they could care less, but for others listening to what their heart and mind is the way they live their day to day. What kind of life would you be leading if you only read half the message?

The smell of peanuts filled the air; it was warm, salty, and earthy. As Liam walked along the brightly colored path the scent changed, there was now the smell of hay and dirt. He pushed back a large red curtain and saw Stella sitting at a large vanity. The white structure sat alone in the middle of a relatively dark room, the large light bulbs that lined the perimeter of the mirror illuminating Stella’s face.

Liam stood silently behind her admiring her reflection as she took a large brush and swept it across both cheeks and inspected the results. His eyes traveled down from the mirror to see the beautiful costume that adorned her body. It was white satin leotard with crystals, pearls, and sequins encrusting the satin material, and though it hugged her body perfectly the skin of her back was visible, allowing Liam to reach out and touch the soft curve of her spine with his fingers.

It was then that Stella acknowledged his presence, a soft smile coming to her face as she smoothed out the perfect bun on the top of her head. She looked at Liam through the reflection in the mirror; there were tiny sparkles near the corners of her eyes that twinkled as she felt her cheeks pull up into a large grin.

“Very attractive costume, Liam,” Stella teased as she looked over the shirtless male. He was dressed in little more than a pair of tight spandex pants that were a simple blue with white stripes going down the sides of the legs. Needless to say, Stella had a hard time keeping her eyes on Liam’s face.

“I could say the same for you,” Liam returned as he stepped back and took a better look at Stella as she stood from her seat.

“Are you ready?” She asked as she moved past him and to where he had entered a moment before, her hand gripping the edge of the thick velvet curtain.

“For what?” Liam asked as he took a few steps forward as Stella ripped the fabric down from its imaginary hanging point and to the ground with one swift motion.

When the curtain was pulled down a crowd appeared, all sitting in the stands of a large tent, a circus tent. Music played over the air, it was slow and dramatic as Stella took a few steps backwards from Liam, the spotlight coming to her as she struck a pose. Her hand rested on her hip while the other arm was raised high into the air, her left leg was bent at the knee and was raised up just slightly. She sparkled and shined under the warm beam of the spotlight, entrancing Liam and the audience.

“My debut,” Stella replied as a large hoop was lowered into Stella’s outreached hand. She gripped it tightly, first with the outstretched hand and then with the other. Before Liam could get out a word Stella was lifted into the air, the spotlight still on her. Liam took a few steps forward as the crowd around him cheered as the girl was raised higher and higher into the sky.

Stella’s face full of concentration as the hoop stopped at its highest point, allowing her to pull herself up and allow her body now resting along the curve of the hard metal. She held herself up and spun around once, causing the crowd to gasp over the dramatic music. The beat of a solitary drum set the pace of her acrobatic showcase.