5.<3

After all the stress from day it wasn’t surprising that Stella was transported to her favorite coffee shop once she entered the dreamscape. The ambiance was gentle and warm with soft music playing somewhere above her. Sitting at a small booth, Stella reached for her mug of coffee and drank deeply from the dark liquid. Sighing contently she knew that this dream was indeed hers, but that didn’t stop a new dream intruder from joining her.

As she raised her eyes from her mug she saw Liam sitting across from her in the booth. She set her mug down and smiled widely at him. He mirrored her smile and nervously rubbed his hands together under the table that separated them.

“Quite a stunt you pulled on me, Liam. I usually can control my dreams. Who do you think you are hijacking my dreams like that?” She asked playfully, her blue eye giving him a wink.

“Oh,” Liam stammered, “I don’t know. I don’t know, really. I just know that you were in my dream and apparently I’ve been in yours.” He blushed and looked down at the table, admiring all the carvings that graffitied the top.

“Well, I tend to do this. I get fascinated by some person whether that’s personal or public and bring them into my dreams. Though…” she paused and brought the mug to her lips for a quick sip, “you are the first where I haven’t been able to control the dream, so obviously something strange is going on here.”

“Well, I don’t know. I don’t want to hijack your dream, it’s yours. Please just… be nice to me. Don’t make me do anything crazy.” He gave her a pleading look.

Stella was truly surprised to see Liam so fearful in the dreamscape. This was the one place where Stella could truly be crazy; she could do anything she wanted and never worry about getting hurt. Now Liam sat in front of her, his brown eyes matching the color of her coffee, and they were filled with worry.

“Liam, you should know that everything around you is controlled by me. I wouldn’t put you into danger purposefully. Besides, you are in my safe dream.” She smiled proudly and looked around her coffee shop.

Liam looked around the coffee shop and took in all the small knick-knacks that hung along the walls and the soft music that played from the ceiling, but he noticed that there was no one around.

“Why are you in a safe dream? Didn’t you mention something about everything having meaning?” He asked curiously, his forearms leaning against the table as he grew intrigued by this girl’s dreamscape.

“Oh yes, you can have reoccurring dreams of safety. This is mine. Coffee means I long for companionship, some kind of support.” She said as she raised her mug to him, the rings on her fingers making a soft clinking sound against the ceramic material.

“Well, why do you need that?” Liam asked as his brows furrowed together.

“What, companionship?”

“Yeah. I mean, shouldn’t you find that outside of your dream?”

This question always baffled Stella and she shrugged her shoulders as she tucked a caramel wave behind her ear.

“I have friends outside of the dream, but you see your twitter shout out put me in a bit of a predicament. I don’t know how to go about getting any support about that or explaining it to my friends!” She laughed and looked up at the mustard colored ceiling, her mismatched eyes searching for an answer.

When her eyes travelled back to the table, Liam seemed to have shrunk in his seat. “I was being nice.” He murmured.

Stella’s expression softened and she understood that her dream was not a place to get upset with Liam. She remembered how the last dream went and how she almost faded into the other side of the dreamscape. She promised to not do the same to Liam, and she intended to keep that promise.